Page 1 of 4
Toy Model Cars \  body dropping a plastic model

body dropping a plastic model

Toy Model Cars General Discussions
views 3731
replies 37
following 27

onebulletleft   +1y
I know alot of guys bd DUB city models but im getting back into models and want to BD a monte carlo that i bought. How do you guys go about doing it? just cut stuff untill it works?

Im also making a wide body kit for an RSX. I can post pics of that if anybody is interested.
Dragthatchit   +1y
who needs a frame on a model!!!! Just glue the wheels up in it and sit it where u want it!! LOL, thats the cheap and easy way out!!!
drupru22   +1y
Edited: 6/1/2006 8:06:23 PM by drupru22

Edited: 6/1/2006 7:59:48 PM by drupru22

Yea just cut what needs to be cut for the wheels to tuck and your good. Its a little easier then a real truck seeing how a new model is like $20. Here is my doored Escalade(1:18scale) on 24's that I havent finished yet, plus my Old School Chevy(1:24scale) rockered on 24s
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
roadfool   +1y
Edited: 6/1/2006 8:14:50 PM by roadfool

for my 72 i just made a tube frame from the fire wall back. on my expy i just cut shit from the bottom till it layed and moved the axle mounts up. someone else has to post the pictures cuz im a dumbass and cant figure it out. http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g203/roadfool/DSCF1366.jpg

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g203/roadfool/DSCF1364.jpg
TwistedMinis   +1y
I bodydropped a plastic S10 model a while back. The bed was easy, I just trimmed stuff of the bottom of the bed, and cut off the frame mounts and made new ones. The cab was the involved part. What I did was cut the top off of the interior bucket, and cut the bottom off the door panels. And I modified the dash to sit right with everything. And it still looked really clean.

Heres some pics.
post photo
post photo
post photo
SONOMAONBAGSLAYNDUBS   +1y
yo man its pretty easy i got lots tha i body dropped but no pics my friend has 1 on his ssm it is akt its an 95 explorer i bd it 4 him an used the frame dint take the easy way out.i got duallies,a caprice a acura intergra wit a 454 in it,f150 wit stock floors if u cant get it to lay wit the frame tha comes with it just do a custom frame an stock floor it ive done 3 like tha.let me kno how it comes out.holla
Eric1   +1y

post photo
post photo
Eric1   +1y

post photo
post photo
Eric1   +1y

post photo
post photo
Jance Customs   +1y
Edited: 6/1/2006 9:23:42 PM by jancecustoms

Yeap just cut it until it all fits. But who wants a body drop when you can roll on 60"'s