Page 1 of 2
Toy Model Cars \  body/paint raised flames

body/paint raised flames

Toy Model Cars General Discussions
views 1690
replies 10
following 10

bagged91mazda   +1y
has anybody ever done a set of raised flames down aside of a vehicle. IUve seen them on a hood before.Also if u have done it how did u do it and is it hard as shit let em know please I am thinking about doning it just not quite for sure how.
Ih8bmps   +1y
Are you talking about like steel welded to make the raised effect? I did my Mazda a couple a years ago and it sucked,lol...the only thing I can say if that
sdimeondubs   +1y

this is the only truck i have ever seen with raised flames... its on the hood and sides...i have no idea how he did it tho...
post photo
bagged91mazda   +1y
ya I thought about the meteal glue but how would u hold it on the side of the truck ppg rep told me it takes about a day to completely dry so I have no clue might just say screw it
Ih8bmps   +1y
Heres the only pic I could find of my old mazda...Its from 2001..
post photo
crippled4life   +1y
use any type of templat and than glass it on and smooth it for paint its the same idea as tubbed ot interior glass mods for stereos and sh.t
22below   +1y
ive seen it done...and its somethin different...but it ruins the point of shavin a truck to be smooth...do somethin other than flames...be original...got 22z?...
200bodydroppedrangr   +1y
i thought glass does not stick to metal? is glass part not stuck to metal and bondo holds it in?
tukn18saccord   +1y
USE A 1/4 INCH OR THICKER DEPENDING ON HOW HIGH YOU WANT IT METAL TEMPLATE AND WELD IT TO THE AREA YOU WANT THE RAISED DESIGN. TAKE YOUR TIME SO YOU DONT WARP THE BODY. AFTER IT IS WELDED SMOOTH IT OUT WITH ALITTLE GRINDING AND LIGHT WEIGHT BODY FILLER OR GLASS YOUR CHOICE.
200bodydroppedrangr   +1y
that to me doesnt look like they just put down a 1/4 plate down it curves with the hood, its possable i guess