Page 1 of 2
Sport Compact General \  Air ride on a Saturn Ion

Air ride on a Saturn Ion

Sport Compact General General Discussions
views 1297
replies 11
following 8

bbrownderville   +1y
Im trying to locate air ride for my 03 Saturn Ion. I have looked around but have been unsucessful. anybody seen any for my model. Thanks
KRamseyKustomz   +1y
Why?
crazeflier07   +1y
Why not???
bbrownderville   +1y
thanks. and i will most likely be buying that when i get the money.
LaidNeon   +1y
im sure he is doing it for almost the same reason why i bagged my neon
artsar   +1y
there is only one problem, because the rear end is semi independent. the rear swing arm will either need to be motified or you will need to construct a new one.

Thanks dan for the link, I've been looking for front struts
artsar   +1y
do you know if theres anywhere i can just get the front struts??? not the entire kit
BodyDragginGMC   +1y
Before you waste your time bagging it let me say this. Juice it! Coming from a previous Saturn owner, you will hate cylinders if that's what you plan. One of my cylinders broke in half and the other 3 bent within a week and I know several other Saturn owners that had the exact same problems. The problem is the car is on Mcpherson struts and they are not exactly verticle in the car. This puts a lot of stress on the cylinder causing maojr issues. After I had my issues with cylinders I went with strut bags. They were ok but deffinately didn't lay out like I wanted it to. So my final option was to juice it. So I juiced it with a 2 pump setup, no springs and accumulators. It rode like a dream, layed out great and got major lift. Just do some more searching before you waste money like I did.

artsar   +1y
Is there a hydro set up for the front of an ion, or would I have to modify the front to get it to work?