Page 1 of 2
Car Care \  Windows, soap spots?

Windows, soap spots?

Car Care Q & A
views 1956
replies 12
following 12

LowRangerMS   +1y
Since I bought my 2000 f-150 last year it's had what looks just like soap circles all over the side and back glasses. I've scrubbed , dugged, and scratched, and tried rubbing alchol. What do I do to get these pesky spots off my windows!?
Douggiefresh   +1y
Get the finest steel wool you can find, 000 will work. Use that, dont push down real hard but scuff over the surface. That should work for you.
hybrid showoff   +1y
windex??? maybe if you spray it on and let it sit for a couple minutes then try wiping it off. it might work.
Pp_Laynbody   +1y
What Douggie said, and if you spray alittle Spray wax or Quick detailer on and buff that with the fine steel wool, it will come out super shiny and repel water also.
LowRangerMS   +1y
Originally posted by hybrid showoff

windex??? maybe if you spray it on and let it sit for a couple minutes then try wiping it off. it might work.No then it sits there dries up and you got more spots, lol. Thanks though. I'll try the wool, think I got some that's fine. Thanks guys.

KRamseyKustomz   +1y
TRY RAZOR BLADE
PleasuresBurban   +1y
what Doug said
Wakeboard03S10   +1y
Ive done what doug has said and it didnt do a damn thing. I still have watter spots all over my window...Ive goten super fine and fine and tryed it and nothing at all has happend.
lkrayzie   +1y
i used to work at a autopart store, and they sold water spot remover, try that
TOYZRUS   +1y
I used 0000 steel wool and Duragloss Aluminum wheel cleaner that has acid base in it...so be careful.