threads
Page 1 of 1
Sport Compact General \  Level 10 Shiftronic.

Level 10 Shiftronic.

Sport Compact General General Discussions
views 654
replies 4
following 3

necyomancy666   +1y
Does anyone have a shiftronic transmission plug in from Level 10? I'm thinking of getting one, but they don't have a picture and I can't find one anywhere...tried contacting them but they never responded. http://www.levelten.com/store/import/items/electronics/import_shiftronic.htm
necyomancy666   +1y
I was thinking that the Shiftronic was like the "real deal". The new Hyundai's have them where you actually shift like a manual...they're also called tiptronic, autostick, sportronic...blah blah blah. They're all the same thing though. You can use your shifter to upshift or downshift just like a manual. But with the Level 10 shiftronic, it's just a box that you mount on your dash or whatever and push a button and it shifts for you. That is complete shit! Does anyone know how to convert a normal automatic transmission into a shiftronic/sportronic/tiptronic? Or would you need a whole new transmission?
badfish57   +1y
i've heard good things about them.. there full race system starts at about 1500.00.. almost all new cars have the shiftronic trasmition where you can choose to put it in gear normal or slide the shifter over to do the manual up and down shitfs.. But the kit there i belive just has 2 small mometary switches like you would put on the steering wheel..and another module that has the switches for converter lock up and what not.. not really anything for normal day to day driving.. more of the entry rally/racer style.. if you want things to last you would need to get the Level 10 performance transmission clutches and there preformance transmission shift selnoids, and a higher rated tourqe converter (higher stall) to go with the kit.
badfish57   +1y
so i gess the basic kit is just like the ugly bulky race one then eh.. i dunno if you could convert a reagulary tranny over to that.. i gess it would be possible if you had an electronic controled shitfer already you might be able to replace it with a newer style with the shiftronic computer what not.. .. what the hell you tryin to put this on?..
necyomancy666   +1y
I guess the best thing to do would just go out and buy a damn manual transmission. But it would go in a 95 Mazda 626 if I got one.
Page 1 of 1