threads
Page 1 of 2
Sport Compact General \  Make your own bodykit?

Make your own bodykit?

Sport Compact General General Discussions
views 942
replies 14
following 13

necyomancy666   +1y
Does anyone know how to make a bodykit? I saw an auction on ebay for info on how to do lambo doors and it said there was a bonus on how to make your own bodykit. I'm wondering if I'd have to use my existing bumpers or...??? Does anyone have experience in this?
DougyFrisch   +1y
i didn't catch the guys name, but i'm sure this dude could help u out. this is from G-Ville this year...

bodydropped85   +1y
dougie, also it would be so much work to get it to look rihgt.
time1   +1y
^^^that shits CUSTOM....
SamuraiBJ   +1y
It would be a big pain to do it well but I'm guessing you could do sideskirts kinda like a speaker box. Build it in wood and fabric, glass it, glass the inside of that and there you have it. Lots of work in my opinion. As for bumpers I have no idea. I'm not very knowledgable so I could easily be wrong though.
Douggiefresh   +1y
Originally posted by DougyFrisch

i didn't catch the guys name, but i'm sure this dude could help u out. this is from G-Ville this year...

Douggy you should have finished that with "Thank you, ill be here all the week" That was prolly the funniest thing I have read in between bouncing back and forth through all these want want want threads hahahaha.
bodydropped85   +1y
i looked at it close it gville it wasalteast metal rod n sheetmetal...
99hondagrl   +1y
Originally posted by SSM-Douggiefresh

Originally posted by DougyFrisch

Douggy you should have finished that with "Thank you, ill be here all the week" That was prolly the funniest thing I have read in between bouncing back and forth through all these want want want threads hahahaha.

That sh*t is hilarious- it looks like a flowing bedskirt. On a more serious note, don't try to make your own bodykit- I can just imagine what kind of mess that would be. If you must have a bodykit, just order one.
necyomancy666   +1y
Hmmm...maybe chicken wire over the existing bumpers and then fabric on that, then fiberglass over that. THAT would be some work.
reefdood   +1y
Unless you're a fiberglass WIZARD it would be hard to get it perfect. Easier to get a kit for a similar car and make it fit, like I did. 1/2 my kit is home crafted, the other 1/2 is from the manu.
http://aseclub.net/4images/data/media/4287/1998lxi01_001.jpg

the skirts are half factory cladding bonded to FG skirts. The rear is for an Avenger so I had to craft the upper part. The nose is meant for a 95-96 and I added FG to make it fit my 98 so thet the headlights didn't stick out by 2 inches.