Page 2 of 6
Build-Ups \  Bagged bodydropped trailer

Bagged bodydropped trailer

Build-Ups General Discussions
views 191454
replies 51
following 43

artsar   +1y
I can't wait to see this thing in person. Bringing it out to vanfest?
ga,mazduh   +1y
man i use to work at a Wells Cargo and i tried my hardest to get them to let me bag 1 of the trailers, but they werent having it!!!! They did in fact have a trailer with a similar design for the axle, they used it on there low profile trailers to give it a lot of drop!!! So your design looks good and pretty close darn close to theirs. well minus the fact that theres didnt have bags on it!!!!
layd88   +1y
--------------------------------------------

Big Dee said:

Looks badass, but won't that put alot of stress on those arms to twist? I am not a builder, so I have no idea..nor am I questioning your abilities.

i feel the same way about that setup. its a badass setup but what kinda material and thickness will be sufficient enough to not twist with a couple thousand pounds on there? that would be my only concern. love the work so far you guys are badass
dmkustoms   +1y

cookiemonster13 said:

great design so far. what are the dimensions on the trailer? what are you doing for a top?

Its about 19-6 long, and a bit over 6 feet wide. Its getting painted to match his truck, and getting a 2x8 wood top, stained a kind of light color. Eventually its going to get some 7" or 8" bags, but for now its being fitted up with 2500s.

Uncle Fester said:

Make that in a 2 car gooseneck I want one in the worst way. Awesome build.

The plan is to build a 2 or 3 car wedge someday, in the same sort of style, and bag it. It will probably have straight axles tho. Heres what will pull it:

Went out to the shop this morning, and had about the worst day ever. We managed to cut the grinder cord, burn out the last tip for the welder, and get the wrong size mounting plates for the trailer brakes. So lots of running around, but it worked out in the end. We hot all the spindle stubs in and welded, brake plates mounted, wheels on, and on the ground. Im not upset with how it turned out so far!

post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
baggedsilverado   +1y
so sick i want one
juicedwagon   +1y
thats awesome and i love the international. cant wait to see more pics
bd94s10   +1y
Looks very cool. International is sick!!!!
AFTBigRob   +1y
Looks awesome.....I wouldn't mind having one myself....
tuckinlugs06   +1y
Edited: 5/30/2011 12:08:48 AM by TuckingLugs05

Edited: 5/30/2011 12:08:07 AM by TuckingLugs05

someone beat you to it

http://youtu.be/qoZnRECDMPs
xgolferdude   +1y
ive seen a few with a similiar intent and they have been around for a while.. mostly used for forklifts and such... i love your design though..