Page 4 of 8
Under Construction \  71 Datsun Rocker Layer named Ethel

71 Datsun Rocker Layer named Ethel

Under Construction General Discussions
views 9888
replies 70
following 46

crazygenius13   +1y
Congrats Jerome! and Seth too  I love seeing hometown trucks and shops in the pages of MT
TwistedMinis   +1y
The radiator on the Datsun is lower than the thermostat. I've been trying to talk Jerome into adding a radiator cap to the thermostat housing for a while now, and he finally bit the bullet and let me do it. It had a bad air pocket, which I think is the reason it was running hot. Jerome said he let it run in the garage for a half hour today and it didn't pass the half way mark.Here are some pictures of the construction of it. First picture shows the piece I started with, and the Moroso piece I bought.Cutting the taper.Hold it from the center to cut the top end down.The fit.Welded.The housing is pretty old, and didn't want to take a weld very well no matter how clean, but it turned out okay. Wish I could have found an NOS housing.The picture Jerome sent me. I will try and get a better one soon.
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
slammed89s10   +1y
this trucks badass.....looks so much better in green  
Just_Robert   +1y

Nice!!!!
Dropsun521   +1y

Im back! Thanks for all the support guys. Really appreciate it. So in the spirit of mini trucking I made you guys a video. Enjoy. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqlvd1bCkcw  
xgolferdude   +1y

love this truck!
jules   +1y

are your fenders fiberglass? if so do you like them how is the fit and did you get them from unlimeted ?  
boooghar   +1y

jerome that was a cool video, btw what was in the cd player ? cool tune
Dropsun521   +1y

Thanks for the complement Jay houk, much appreciated! Hey jules. Nope thoes are not fiberglass fenders. I wish. The right front is destroyed but thats the way I got it and it was free. So if you know of anyone who has a spare right front lying around please let me know! Bpppghar, thanks for the props on the video. Can't remember which song it was but I know it was the God Loves Ugly cd by atmosphere. Great lyrics