Page 3 of 4
Chevy/GMC Trucks \  Big Brakes on S10

Big Brakes on S10

Chevy/GMC Trucks Make Specific
views 8623
replies 38
following 21

BaggedMazda87   +1y
Has anyone actually done the Camaro kit on an S10 yet?

I'm ready to order it but I was hopin to see someone successfully do the conversion, mostly just the caliper bracket issue...

Rigo   +1y
interesting!
lunatiksblazer   +1y
tyler, i havent heard of anyone else doing it, a bracket is the least of the worries...but i aint making no head way this weekend being im sick as a dog in bed for the last 4 days...ill share everything with everyone when i get mine done
BaggedMazda87   +1y
Anyone done the swap yet??

relaxednoma   +1y
i have a local friend that is going to assist me in doing C5 brakes on the front of the noma, then I'll be moving to the rear it looks like.
BaggedMazda87   +1y
Aright I got the kit, cut the spindles, and switched out the outer bearing/race...

I'm just trying to figure out how to measure the distance btween the spindle holes and caliper holes for the bracket.

The caliper holes are 5 1/4" apart and the spindle holes are 7 1/8" apart...but how to measure the distance between the two I can't quite figure out.

I'll get pictures up this weekend. The kit is a killer kit for sure, and the spindles turned out sick too so I'm a little excited, I'm not gonna lie.
BaggedMazda87   +1y
Some pics...got one bracket roughly cut but the spindle holes were 1/8" too close to the caliper holes Oh well

New spindle...

Shot of the Camaro bracket that came with the kit(spindle holes too far apart from each other and too close to the caliper bolts)

Just the cut spindle

Messed up bracket with the proper measurements...

Next to the kit bracket(theirs was 3/8", I used 7/16" cause I had it layin around)

Countersunk holes

It's nice finally doin some fabbin after not doin much for a couple years!

I'll get some pics up of the right bracket once I get it all made.
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
lunatiksblazer   +1y
sorry it has been so long everyone...i got distracted with other parts of my build. I just made my bracket, and got a phone call to come take my gma to the hospital. Later when I get home i will post the autocad print for the bracket, and shims. Also i will post some pictures. I made mine out of a piece of 3/8" Cold Rolled and just tapped the plate instead of putting the brass inserts in. Im amazed how nice this kid actually is, the quality is unbelievable. O yeah on a side note, being you need to change the outer bearing to an s10 bearing, the washer is a hair to wide to let the wilwood billet center cap screw one. Thats a minor problem in the big picture.

Also if for some odd reason if someone doesnt see the stuff i promised posted by 11pm tonight pm me because i have a horrible memory.
lunatiksblazer   +1y
Ok nothing like being down to the wirer on my 11pm deadline of posting this stuff. first is a couple pictures of the roughed in bracket, i just free handed it with the torch and grounded it smooth. I will probably machine them so they are up to the caliper of the build. Also is a screen dump of the bracket from autocad.

as i stated earlier i made my bracket out of 3/8" cold rolled steel, i tapped the holes directly into the plate instead of using brass inserts, and used a counter sink bit to do my holes. According to my autocad print the spacers that go between the bracket and spindle should be 0.7062" i have not made the spacers yet to see if that is a correct dimension but plan on doing that tomorrow when i get to the shop. then i am ready to mount the calipers Wish me luck.
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
TEEBAGGINNN   +1y
Any updates?