Page 4 of 4
Chevy/GMC Trucks \  Big Brakes on S10

Big Brakes on S10

Chevy/GMC Trucks Make Specific
views 8607
replies 38
following 21

famouspimpn   +1y

will these work on the rear and if not were do i find some for  the bac.   any help would be great
Burrellimages   +1y

I know i've shot a square body blazer and a square body S-10 and that both had a full 4-corner set of Baer Brakes.  Slotten and cross drilled with 4 piston front and 2 piston rear.  I'f im not mistaken, it had 14 or 14.5" rotors in the front.  The set up was very nice and didnt squeek like a Wilwood kit does. Here is a picture that shows the fronts good...
post photo
BaggedMazda87   +1y
Well, I sold the dime, and have had the brakes sitting under my bed for WAY too long.If anyone is interested in the kit, I'll sell it for $600. Only one side is done. I'll include the 3/8" cold rolled to make the bracket for the other caliper. For $600, I'll include the Belltech spindles I paid $150 for, and the Wilwood kit that I paid $820, or whatever it was, for. I'm just tired of em takin up space, need the money, and don't really want to finish the kit just to sell it. I know I know, classifieds. 
99BlAzIn   +1y

k im new to the site, and i have been looking for a big brake kit for my 99 s-blazer 4x4 with 4 wheel disc. the reason is i have ordered 22's and want to stop when i need to, and dont want to change the pads frequently. any answers or ideas??? please let me know. thanks
omaha   +1y
THE JEWS ARE COMINGTHE JEWS ARE COMING THE JEWS ARE COMINGTHE JEWS ARE COMINGTHE JEWS ARE COMINGTHE JEWS ARE COMING
supravan   +1y
lunatiksblazer i need a bracket for the rear of my astrovan it has a 89 4x4 blazer rearend and i have the zo6 calipers just need bracket so i can put them on. would you know where to get one?
Just_Robert   +1y
On the topic of big brakes on an S10, blazer spindles have the hubs that allow you to bolt up C5/C6 Corvette brakes and they are the same lug pattern. If you have an S10 with the shaft style spindles, it's an easy swap over for the blazer spindles...
97hrdbdy   +1y
Edited: 9/16/2009 7:26:32 AM by Kmanuel

I have c5 brakes on the front of my sonomaDidnt feel like buying expensive blazer drop spindles and the bolt on front hub bearings since I already had belltechs on my sonoma.Flynbye performance makes a kit (i just bought the pieces from him that i needed; hubs and brackets) to use a s10 front rotor with the rotor part removed so its just a hub. Then the c5 rotor slips over the front of the hub and an adapter bracket holds the caliper.Spindle has to be modified (old caliper mounts trimmed off and a couple holes enlarged and tapped) but I did it in a weekend and the stuff works pretty well. I bought my c5 calipers and pads locally and used the flynbye hubs and adapter brackets and everything fit pretty well. Very little trouble and the instructions are pretty straight forward.
BuddiesGarage   +1y
I am adapting a kit from CPP that has 13" drilled & slotted rotors w/ 2 piston chrome calipers. Once finished I'll posted pics & info. I am starting w/ P/N  6472WBKP13. Here is a link to some basic info: http://www.classicperform.com/Store/1955_1970_Fullsize_Cars/5564WBKP13.htm