Page 3 of 3
Mini Truckin General \  need help with stock floor body drop

need help with stock floor body drop

Mini Truckin General General Discussions
views 2875
replies 22
following 21

impulse   +1y
My frame is the first sfbd that i've ever done.... and an IRS to top it off.

just cause its your first doesn't mean its gonna be a hacked mess.

I took my time, asked a lot of questions and thought abotu every step i've taken so far. Everything on my frame pretty much has a purpose and has been thought about long and hard. There were times when I could have done things a lot quicker, but they just wouldn't have looked as good or flowed with the rest of the frame.

A lot of people could have said the same things about me wanting to do a sfbd before I started... they could have said it would have been an abortion.... but I took my time (still am taking my time) and doing things right the first time.

With that said though, a person getting into this kind of project had better know how to weld, had better be able to take criticism and put it to use. Ask all kinds of questions, I was always told the only stupid question is the one you don't ask.

Be sure your skill level is up to par with the job you are about to start working on. You will definatly learn new stuff as you are working thru it, I know I did. But you don't want to go into something blind and get in over your head and end up building something that is way past what you are capable of, or put something on the road that is not safe for you or others around you.

So make sure you are going to be able to get the job done and get it done right. If not either pay a good shop to do, or get your skill level up higher before you attempt it.

Good luck!
kaoss   +1y
I always wonder if some car manufactures take as much time making sure a frame is as sturdy and well built as minitruckers do. Take an old Ranger frame for example, are any of them straight?
bodydropped85   +1y
Originally posted by KAOSS

I always wonder if some car manufactures take as much time making sure a frame is as sturdy and well built as minitruckers do. Take an old Ranger frame for example, are any of them straight?

hell no! ranger frames blow asshole.