shaving models ?

Toy Model Cars General Discussions
views 895
replies 11
following 12

laynlow toy   +1y
well what are u ppl using to shave your models, by the way this one is plastic
NISSANGUY   +1y
JONNY B...... U ARE ONE STUPID MO-FO. THAT SHIT IS GOING TO FALL OUT..
framescr8pintoy   +1y
i just use the model glue let it dry then sand it down.
detached   +1y
on plastic i know it will sound stupid but crazy glue & baking soda. throw the glue on the part & just coat it then sand it & repeat if nessecary as for metal i get that bondo dent quick fix like the 8$ can @ walmart.
luv2sprk   +1y
Originally posted by NISSANGUY

JONNY B...... U ARE ONE STUPID MO-FO. THAT SHIT IS GOING TO FALL OUT..

well i dont sit at home all day and build models or anything, but the ones i have built with wood filler are still fine. i even made a cowl hood with wood filler.
whynotfab   +1y
I use spot or glazing putty also, and to get it down at first I use those emory stick things, like for girls fingernails lol.. very cheap for alot.. then small squares of sandpaper.
ptman2002   +1y
to fill holes you can by styrene at your local hobby shop, then get some squadron putty to fill it with. i use the green squadron putty on all of mine. you can get all different kinds and sizes of styrene to use, also can build the frames with it.
jmn444   +1y
I want to shave that model on the front page...
whtbread   +1y
If you are shaving down the molded detail to a flush surface(certain door handles,emblems,etc.)then start by carefully carving away with a small chisel blade in an X-acto knife. Once you get close to the surface you can either file or sand it down flush. Keep checking and make sure you wrap your sandpaper around something flat, like block-sanding. I use #200, then to #400 paper.
SONOMAONBAGSLAYNDUBS   +1y
i use bondo spot putty on all mine just make sure its glued well an then wipe it till ur satisfied