Page 1 of 1
Yota Wheels \  Stock wheel ? Need help quick

Stock wheel ? Need help quick

Yota Wheels Yota Tech
views 933
replies 4
following 3

92yota   +1y
Sold my stock wheels and tires to a guy with a 91 ranger, he is trying to give them back saying the brakes don't line up, though it's the same bolt pattern, anyone made this specific swap?
baha   +1y
Gone Ranger to Toyota with no problems. What does that even mean anyway the brakes don't line up? lol Does he mean the wheel doesn't clear the brake caliper?

I'm going to be working in the shop today and have both a Ranger and Toyota so I can test lol
92yota   +1y
That would be great If you have some stock Toyota wheels laying around. what year ranger do you have? i guess the brakes are pretty similar on the older rangers? anyway, yea I guess he meant the calipers or drums were getting in the way, but he's also telling me this a month and a half after he bought them, so he may just be trying to get his money back out of em, I would like to know if he's telling the truth or not.

and if you cant check that out, I have a friend with a 97 ranger that I could try to put the wheels on but im not sure of the differences between it and a 91?
baha   +1y
Sorry man I didn't get a chance to do it. From what I remember the suspensions are generally same, I think the only change was the spindles in 95 or so. The stock Toyota wheels are 14" right? Rangers came with 14s. The only thing I can think of is the Ranger hub may be larger which would make sense for him thinking it was the brake caliper.

Hopefully Rodney will see this, he has a Ranger and Toyota also.
cable   +1y
as far as the sell goes,he bought them a month&half ago....?sell's a done deal,you owe him nothing.same day,next day,3 days ok,month&half later...nope,done deal! my .02
Page 1 of 1