Page 1 of 1
Max Engine \  Weber install woes

Weber install woes

Max Engine Max Tech
views 1360
replies 2
following 2

greenteagod   +1y
Haven't been around for a few months, got sick of the Ram. It hasn't passed inspection since I installed the Weber, and if it weren't for the vac line nonsense of the stock one I'd bolt it back up.

Basically I can't run the vacuum advance or it just starts overheating. I can't give it full throttle or it loses power and then starts over heating.

I had to adjust it so the choke is wide open constantly otherwise it just dies at idle unless I'm keeping on the gas the whole time.

That and it's no where near close to passing inspection. HC about 5x the acceptable level. Hopefully it hasn't holed another cat.

I've checked my vacuum leaks, there are none. I've blocked off damn near everything so the only thing even hooked to a vac port is the little switch that bumps up idle when I turn the AC on. But the bump there is negligible.

Thoughts and insight would be greatly appreciated. I'd love to get this truck back on the road.
drdaveradio   +1y
Which Weber do you have? I had the crappy Solex that was sold as a weber but wasn't. It made the tuning MUCH more difficult. I found the jetting was no where near correct. I located a diagram from Argentina that helped a great deal with the baseline. There were many quality issues that I never thought I'd have to consider, but finally corrected. I've finally gotten mine to pass with almost no emissions. The inspector thought their machine was broken. It was almost fun...
Dr Dave
greenteagod   +1y
Redlines WEBER 32/36 DFEV is what I have on there.

Also if it makes any difference, in checking the vacuum coming off the port on the carb that's supposed to go to the advance I have a solid 11 hg/in of vacuum. Someone told me that it was supposed to be as close to 0 at idle but I don't know if that's right.

I also have the idle mixture screw at 3/4 to 1 turn out. Seems like from what I've read that's about where it's supposed to be, so the rest of why it's running like shit has me baffled.
Page 1 of 1