Page 1 of 1
Max Engine \  Weber Carb Conversion With Auto Transmission

Weber Carb Conversion With Auto Transmission

Max Engine Max Tech
views 2182
replies 7
following 3

guitarnblack   +1y
I was looking at the Weber Carb conversions on ebay and thay seem to be incompatible with the auto transmission. Is this because of the down shift linkage? Also what vac lines need to be plugged?
Any info helps, pics welcome!
Thanks!
ps 86 d50 2.6L Auto transmission.
droppedmitsu   +1y
Yea it is because the auto-kickdown, but they do make aweber for the auto vehicles. You should be able to easily modify your stock kickdown cable bracket to make it work. All vacuum lines get removed pretty much beside your vacuum advance for the distributor which gets hooked up to the weber.
guitarnblack   +1y
Well I finally did it. That is everything but those two extra lines of of the fuel pump. Do I just block those off or re-route them?
Also I just removed and capped the lines that came directly off of the carb. Should I remove all of the lines, including those that have electrical connections? I really don't want to tear those out, if I have to re connect them again.
Lastly the air filter that came with the kit has a hole in the bottom. I assume this is for that gold sensor that was in the original air filter.

I have to pass emissions, so any and all help is welcome!
guitarnblack   +1y
Also, does anyone know where the wire for the electric choke is? My book does not have a wiring diagram.
Thanks again!
droppedmitsu   +1y
If your state(cali does) requires visual inspection then you won't pass with a weber. The vacuum lines can all be removed, even the box and stuff with electrical connections(its all for the stock POS electronic computer controlled carb). The hole I plugged with silicon, the stock sensor thing does not go there. Which choke wire, the one thats on the carb or one that is in the truck?
shard   +1y
Does anyone know if Texas requires a visual inspection?
guitarnblack   +1y
That would be the one that is in the truck. I need to connect the choke on the new carb to the 12V source in the truck, so that it will open or close.

Just out of curiosity, what is all of that vac nonsense for? it all seems to run into it's self and do a whole lot of nothing!
droppedmitsu   +1y
I just ran a wire to one of the posts on the white balllast resistor for the choke.
Vacuum lines are for the smog crap thats hooked up everywhere.
Page 1 of 1