Max Engine \  Help With Final Tuning On 88 Mighty Max 2.0

Help With Final Tuning On 88 Mighty Max 2.0

Max Engine Max Tech
views 934
replies 2
following 2

nick88mightymax   +1y
Hello All
I have a 88 mighty max 2.0 A/T w/overdrive that I have rebuilt the engine and installed a Weber 32/36 DFEV from Redline. I am having hesitation issues when I apply throttle and have to "feather" the throttle so it doesnt die at starts. this issue is only under load. When in park, I can press the gas peddle and it does not cut out or hesitate. I am also experiencing slow accelaration and climbing hills is a chore! I am also only getting 10-12 mpg city. I have a fuel pressure regulator installed and set to 2psi per instructions from weber. I also have the mechanical fuel pump installed.

Do I need to bump up the psi or do I install a electric fuel pump? could my issue be the jets? Do I need to have the ECU reprogrammed?
It was really my hope that this lil truck would purr like a champ and be a great daily runner after the rebuild. Any help or suggestions would be great and helpful.
Thanks
Nick
vale lance   +1y
Almmost sounds like a vacuum leak. Intake manifolds can be tricky to seal at times. You may also check to see if your timing is correct,and if the vacuum advance diaphragm is working.
vale lance   +1y
I was readingother posts,the thought seems to be run fuel preassure at 3-3.5 lbs. Hope this may help.
Page 1 of 1