Page 1 of 1
Max Engine \  Electric Fan Conversion

Electric Fan Conversion

Max Engine Max Tech
views 3310
replies 5
following 6

greenteagod   +1y
I did a search and only found a few old threads mentioning a fan conversion. I didn't want to resurrect them from 2010 so I'll just ask here if anyone has done an electric fan conversion.

If so, which fan did you use, and how do you have it wired.

I noticed my fan is getting a bit of a wobble to it, the blades appear to be wonky. So I figured instead of replacing that, I'll do a conversion if it's worth it.

Also my engine temp barely rises above the first mark. Do these engines usually run that cool? I'm used to my cars running about 1/3 to 1/2. I'm in texas as well, so it's sort of surprising for a car to run that low on the temp.
hott sauce   +1y
I did mine got my 16'' fan off ebay $32.00. I just ran mine to a toggle switch. But you can find power under the hood with the ignition on and do it that way also. Did away with fan shroud,fan and clutch assembly. Cools really well
sleeps   +1y
I did mine using an old DSM fan from another car I had at the time. I wired it seperate with its own toggle switch inside the cab. Still have the fan for sale if interested PM me.

My truck took a while to warm up when I had the stock fan clutch on there as well, but since I did the conversion it was alot faster. I have sold the truck so I just have parts left.
ram50rocket   +1y
I bought one from autozone and a 3-way switch and fused it. run's when the ignition is on
backtobasics   +1y
O'Reilly (and probably others) have a nice module assembly that uses an adjustable box with an aluminum probe assembly. It allows you to get the vehicle up to temperature where you want it on (close to thermostat temperature), and you turn the dial to set and forget it. It kicks fan on automatically, as needed, and has a wire that allows you to tap into the AC clutch (if equipped) so the fan is on when AC is on, to pull air across the condensor for best AC performance.
turtlenutz   +1y
i know this is kind of old, but i used a mid 90's ford taurus 2 speed fan and grounded it to the body and ran a 12g wire from the acc. wire in the steering column to the high speed fan wire and taped off the the low speed wire. no need for a toggle switch. just turn the key and on comes the fan
Page 1 of 1