Page 1 of 1
Max Engine \  nonstarating 88 Max

nonstarating 88 Max

Max Engine Max Tech
views 1822
replies 5
following 2

jayjay   +1y
have a nonstarting 88 2.0 mighty max. No spark - have replaced coil, distributor. need to know where ignitor is and could ballast resistor be problem? any othert idears welcome. Could ecu be issue?
mxmikie   +1y
check your timing belt
jayjay   +1y
timing checked - installed a new weber carburetor plus hand coke - need to know if the ECU could be interfering without the mikuni solex monstrosity - have no emmissions to worry about. replaced coil with new one - only other thing not checked is ecu ballast resistor??? how do I test that... new distributor and I am assuming the ignitor is in the distributor - am I wrong? Hayes no mention- have a wiring schematic that does not show it.. Fuel ok. Most likely something simple.. it ran for two days after I put the new carb in..Then refused to fire = it does crank and rotor turns..
mxmikie   +1y
when you turn the key on is the pos side of coil hot ???
jayjay   +1y
stupid question - which side is positive ?
jayjay   +1y
OK just put in third coil - everyone is telling me all this older rebuilt, Chinese, etc is defective - just turns over..
Now if I take my circuit testing light - a bulb in the middle of a wire - I get a light across the battery terminals and every terminal in sight including just grounding it and with key off - this tells me something is wrong>>> And stop with the timing belt - it is perfect and cannot affect the damm spark.. Grrrrrrrrr.. thank youa, Jay
Page 1 of 1