Page 1 of 1
Max Engine \  1987 mighty max 2.0 running lights not working need help

1987 mighty max 2.0 running lights not working need help

Max Engine Max Tech
views 2153
replies 8
following 4

coolfool   +1y
i just bought a 1987 mighty max that was in a wreck got it back on the road after replacing the radiator fender and hood still dosent look perfect but it will do for a daily beater and for $400 before parts for this truck i thought was a good deal since they just spent over $400 3 months before replacing the clutch.

any way to the point my dash light does not go on when i turn the head lights on and nether does my tail lights turn signals and break lights work fine Ive checked the bulbs and fusees i need any suggestions and if any one could post me sum schematics on where the wires would be so i can check grounds and such. any and all help would be great

this is my 2ed truck of this type had a 83 power ram 50 but sadly had to sell that one wen transmission went out
and i cant find a repair book in any of my local parts stores
coolfool   +1y
I need sum help guys i see a lot of views on this post but no one with any help yet plz help

and i just looked at the fusees agen because the only thing i could find out is that its on a 20 amp fuse well i checked it and i was blown got brand new one and wen i went to put it in before i could get it in all the way spark and the fuse blew
any ideas where the wiring and crap is so i can check it all out see if its got a bad ground are sum thing o and mooter was off and head lights and crap was turned off
judgejoe   +1y
I had a 1988 D50 that the fuses would blow when the lights turned on. My problem was the headlight/wiper switch had gone bad.
coolfool   +1y
this is happening wen its all turned off switch and all today i even unplugged the battorie and then put the 20 wat fuse in it the second i hooked up the battorie it blew this is with the car off as well keys not in the ignition
bankdraft   +1y
I have the FSM (Factory Service Manual) for the 1987 and can send the schematics for the exterior lighting if you still need it.

If you damaged the front end, you could have easily have some headlight wires shorted to ground. If you could isolate the front part of the vehicle and concentrate on the rear (or visa versa), that would be a good way to start.

Initially you said some of the lights didn't work but now you're saying it is blowing fuses too? Not working is an easier problem to track down, blowing fuses, not so much but I do have the diagrams if you need 'em.
mxmikie   +1y

this here fella "bankdraft" seems to know what he is talkin bout he seems to have some sand to him
coolfool   +1y
TY TY i do need the schematics
and to answer your question since i bought the truck the running lights never worked as in the tail lights and the lights on the dash i found one fuse that keeps blowing that i think is the right one its a 20 wat fuses any time i put a new one in it blows it am am going to try to look at the fount end moor the one thing i cant seem to find is on the passenger side right front fender that yellow amber tail light i cant fig out where the wire is to hook that up ...

ps i did not do the dmg ... im a good driver never in a wreck lol this is how i bought it
bankdraft   +1y
Coolfool,

The schematics are too large to upload here. PM me with an email and I'll send them to you.
coolfool   +1y
PM sent
Page 1 of 1