Page 1 of 1
Max Engine \  my little truck won't start ,and its driving me crazy

my little truck won't start ,and its driving me crazy

Max Engine Max Tech
views 1193
replies 4
following 2

mmluvnff   +1y
maybe some of y'all have had a similar problem.heres what 's going on 1992 2.4l 5 speed 206000 on the odometer.it acts and sounds like it has a bad ballast resistor.cranks forever and wont start its got a new fuel pump and filter ,new coil spark plugs and wires new distribtor cap and rotor .new timing belts .i replaced the crank angel sensor.the timing is right on its getting fuel,plenty of fat blue spark across the plugs it should run but it dont and its just about got me frustrated enough to take a fire axe to it .i hate to buy a e.c.u.with out knowing if tharts going to fix it.i like the tough little truck ,and want to keep it .oh yeah there are no trouble codes stored .i tried to out put the trouble codes with my analog meter and what i got was the steady deflection of the needle .that says no codes stored.has anyone else had this problem?any suggestions?HELP !!!!!!
mitsubishi van dude   +1y
pull the top timing belt cover and turn the crank to top dead center and check the timing marks on the belt i had this problem before it was the crank gear
mmluvnff   +1y
i dont sees any timimg marks on the belt.the timing is right where it is supposed to be with no.1 cylinder @ tdc.
mitsubishi van dude   +1y
how do you know if you dont see any marks on the timing belt gears ??????
mmluvnff   +1y
thank you for responding if you read the responce above mine you will see that the other guy said timing marks on the timing belts.my belts do not have any marks the timimg marks on the gears and pulley were very carefuly aligned.after the truck was started i used my timing light to set the timing to3 degrees btdc.the truck ran just fine for a couple of days then just died as i pulled out of the drive.i have replaced the crank angle sensor with no improvment it fires a couple of times.then just cranks
Page 1 of 1