threads
Page 1 of 1
Max Engine \  2.0 Head question. Is DOHC an option?

2.0 Head question. Is DOHC an option?

Max Engine Max Tech
views 1098
replies 1
following 2

capnamerica   +1y
So my friend gave me an 84 d50. Kinda beat but only 120k. so I figure, why not just play around with it. With what small amount of research I've done, and please forgive me if I'm way off base here, (I'm a mustang guy, never had a japanese car) The 4g63 family of motors seems to have been used by mitsubishi in just about everything over the past 20 plus years. Are there more than just nomenclature similarities between them? As in, is a more modern 4g63t out of an evo similar to the 4g63b in my truck? Anyway, my real question is, are there any dohc heads I can bolt onto my truck keeping the stock block, and if so, would I be able to retain stock carb, intake, and exhaust setup?
droppedmitsu   +1y
Evos (up to evo 9) are 4g63 but they are seven bolt motors(so are 93 up DSMs(eclipse,talon,laser)) and the heads will not bolt up to the 6 bolt g63b block. But a 90-92 head will work, but you will need the ecu/engine harness(to run efi) and all sensors,intake manifold/tb, exhaust manifold, timing components, etc. Let me know if you have any other questions
Page 1 of 1