Page 1 of 1
Max Engine \  Poor gas mileage

Poor gas mileage

Max Engine Max Tech
views 1559
replies 3
following 3

bruiser   +1y
I have a 1989 Dodge Ram 50 with a 2.6. I uses to get 28 mpg, but now I am getting 12-14. It runs perfect. I recently rebuilt the carb, but the kit did not include a float pump, but I don't think this hurt it. This only raised the mileage about 1 mpg. I should mention that the truck has over 400K, but I recently put in a motor with about 100K this didn't change the mileage either and i used the same carb from the original. Do you think going to a weber carb would increase mileage even though it runs good now. Just can't figure out where all the fuel is going. I have had this truck since it was new and hate to get rid of it. Can anyone help?
mightymouse   +1y
It sounds like you have another issue, Im guessing something like a MAF or a o2sensor that is going bad. I would also change the sparkies cap rotor and what not as well.
bruiser   +1y
This model does not have the maf. I put all new stuff on it when i change engines. the only common denominator is the carb.
shard   +1y
I have the same problem with an 87 56000 miles rebuilt carb, runs good, but 12.7 mpg changed everthing mentioned except the MAF, not sure what a maf is. if you have a eureka moment please let me know.
Page 1 of 1