Page 1 of 1
Max Projects \  New Member, New ideas

New Member, New ideas

Max Projects
views 1372
replies 7
following 3

rymar garage   +1y
Hey everybody Names Mark new to the site not cars.
I recently have taken on a long overdue meaningful project and glad i found a site i might get some help with.
Well the project is an 87 mighty max that has sat for many many years, it was my brothers and he passed away at a young age and feel the time is right for me to restore not only old great memories but a chance to create new ones as me and my soon to be wife. We are planning for kids within a few years and really want to share it with them and have it stay in the family for a long time to come.
The catch.
I am planning the overall goal of the truck to look like a rally truck but keep it functional. Of course i have a small budget but am very eager to learn as i go. I have done frame chanels and 4 links on 2 mini before so i have some knowledge but this truck is just plan ran down. Rust isnt a big issue thank the lord.
I will post pics soon i just got it towed from parents to my house and began cleaning and breakdown.
Thanks!
-Mark
rymar garage   +1y
Oh sorry its an 87 2.0 2wd reg cab mitsu
qballd50   +1y
Sweet Man!!!
Welcome TO The Scene!!!
rymar garage   +1y
Alright got some pics. So week one made some progress but most of the man hours spent on this is cleaning. I use to run this truck through hell and back through all kinds of mud holes and never cleaned it so it was nasty and makes a huge mess in the garage. Anyway stock motor is still good so i will use until pops in the mean time parts list is getting together for 4g63.
Getting it out of the hole it sat in for 11 years!
thread post photo

Getting it towed from parents to my house.
thread post photo

After pressure washing and stripping some parts off the cleaning process begins.
thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

will have more progress and photos on week 2 of build.
hott sauce   +1y
Sweet keep em comming
qballd50   +1y
Nice Keep It Going!!
rymar garage   +1y
Goin to make parts run today motor should be back together hopefully this weekend and rear looks like it will be getting a leaf over axle swap this weekend too for time being until front susp is dealt with. Having trouble finding a new longer control arm setup
will have some more pics up tonight. stripped interior out and started cleaning the gas tank yea fun
rymar garage   +1y
small update
engine almost back together got a lil sidetrack trying to do the leaf over axle swap and dont have a welder so went back to motor and started polishing it lol add
is a bitch lol.
more pics and thanks for looking! feels good people notice i feel trapped and alone in my garage sometimes lol
thread post photo

rearend
thread post photo

before polish:
thread post photo

After
thread post photo

Didnt do valve cover.
What you know about some polished egr valve tubes lol
will be cleaning more and start working on carb tonight
Page 1 of 1