Page 1 of 1
Max Projects \  My 1990 Mighty Build

My 1990 Mighty Build

Max Projects
views 3553
replies 7
following 3

mitsuman92   +1y
This is my 1990 Mighty Max. I bought it from a friend who passed a Z71 Chevy at 115 mph in it; while having 290,000 miles on it. In the process he jumped time and messed all sorts of things up. He bent a couple of valves and cracked the head under one of the valve seats. So I bought the truck for pretty cheap. After a few weeks of saving up some money, at the time I was driving cars for a dealer occasionally and wasn't making but about $50 a week, I finally got enough money to buy all the parts to get her running again. When I bought it, it was tore apart. The head, along with everything else, was in a box on the bed of the truck. This was my first major mechanical project. I got it back together and running in one day. Since then I have started my customization and this is a few pics of what I have done. I will post more as I take them.

The day I brought it home.
thread post photo

After I got it running and put a chrome grill in it.
thread post photo

As of about a week ago. I just put a new chrome grill in it today. I hit a cow a few months ago and kinda ruined my other one lol.
thread post photo

Since I have bought the truck I have lowered it about 3", made a 4" custom hurst short shifter for it, made a custom 3.5" cowl hood, put bucket seats out of an Isuzu Rodeo in it, 17" wheels of a chevy truck which I plan on getting a set of chrome wheels eventually, 205/40/17 on front 275/40/17 tires on the rear, and I have started some body work on it.

I plan on painting it sometime in the near future, I am thinking about a dark purple, but I'm not sure. I might lower it a little bit more, but I plan on keeping it static. How low should I go and it still be a good daily height? Oh yea, I forgot to mention, this is my DD.
I also plan on doing a 4g63t swap.

Thanks for looking. Let me know what you think.

Tyler
dale   +1y
Hey man wer you live ive seen that truck and i thank ive talked to you before welcome to the site
mitsuman92   +1y
I live in Mt. Airy. The truck is out just about every weekend with either me or my bro drivin it lol.
dale   +1y
Hey man heres my number give me a holler im tryin to get everythang for my 4g63t swap to 336 648 0257 ive talked to you or ur bro i fallowed you or him into arbys one day my truck is the same color but i have 17" cattys on mine and a tuner pipe i have a 1987 4x4 to i have textin so give me a holler
rex   +1y
Nice man!! Welcome to the site!
mitsuman92   +1y
Thanks onerex.

Yea DALE that was my brother at Arbys. I asked him about it earlier lol. I got your number in my phone I'll holla at you sometime in the next couple of days. If you start your 4g63t swap before I do let me know i'd like to help man. It's prob gonna be at least a couple of months before i start my swap.
dale   +1y
cool sounds good let me know ull probly get to it before me im hard on cash right now id like to help to i need pointers lol a friend of mine on here has a 4g63t truck he lives in calli but his truck wont pass inspection he goes by droppedmitsu on here
dale   +1y
How much you charge to make me a cowl hood like that
Page 1 of 1