threads
Page 1 of 1
Max Projects \  Wanting to do a 350 swap in my 86 ram 50 any help would be appreciated

Wanting to do a 350 swap in my 86 ram 50 any help would be appreciated

Max Projects
views 2547
replies 7
following 2

bigrob76   +1y
Does anyone know how difficult it is to do a 350 swap in my 86 ram 50? Has anyone did this swap?
xlowerx   +1y
Depends on what you consider difficult. Your going to have to remove your existing motor, radiator, transmission. Then you will need to weld in new motor mounts for the 350, get a larger radiator. If your going like LS route, you'd need to get a complete wiring harness to run the computer OR if you go carberated, then you could get away with a much smaller harness.

Then you'd have to figure out which tranny you want, manual or auto...

I'd say its not an easy swap. But if you have time, patients, and money, I'm sure you could pull it off.
bigrob76   +1y
Thanks bro.. I have a donor small block 350 and transmission with the harness I'm sure it will fit I even have a radiator off the donor truck.. Is there any write ups on the swap?
xlowerx   +1y

I know its been done, as far as a write up, you'd have to search... There is a guy out in Las Vegas called D350, he actually cut his truck in HALF the LONG way, and seperated it by 4" to help make the frame wide enough to fit the 350. He is also on Street source.
bigrob76   +1y
Alright cool.. Thanks man I will check it out. I I might just do the 4g63t swap it seems a little less complex..
xlowerx   +1y
I really want to do a Mopar 318 Swap, so My plymouth would have a REAL motor in it!!
bigrob76   +1y
LOL.. Yeah I'm all good with the import motor... What are you running right now xlowerx?
bigrob76   +1y
LOL.. Yeah I'm all good with the import motor... What are you running right now xlowerx?
Page 1 of 1