Page 1 of 2
Max Projects \  my 89 and 87 Dodge D50 projects

my 89 and 87 Dodge D50 projects

Max Projects
views 5163
replies 12
following 6

dbarker42   +1y
Picked these 2 trucks up last week, paid $900 for the both of them. the first is the 89 which will be my daily driver, is in really good shape, interior and body are in solid other than the terrible rattle can paint job that's on it. probably wont do a whole lot to this one except repaint it, do the maintenance work that is needed and just make it look good.
thread post photo

thread post photo

the second is the 87 that was sold as a parts truck, but i think im gonna make this my little hot rod project, i had a 71 dodge dart that me and my old man restored and was my baby but sold it to help pay for school, and kick myself in the a$$ all the time for selling it, so maybe this truck can fill that void. other than the damage on the drivers side the truck is in really good shape inside and out. has 130,xxx original miles and the guy had the motor completely rebuild 2 months before the wreck happened, so that will be the replacement for the daily driver once it goes bad. plan is to make it appear stock but have a surprise under the hood for when someone is feeling tuff. this project will probably take a while but thats why they call it a project.
thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thanks for lookin and any info that i might need to know bout these trucks would help out a ton
m0ta   +1y
Nice lookng trucks man! Do u kno how much the white mitsu is lowered by a chance?
baggedbmy93mazda   +1y
nice couple of trucks.

white one looks to be in fair shape. nice score. you will def. enjoy that one as a daily.

and aout the blue one....thats not too much damage... if your gonna do a full build that is just minor work along the way...

good luck and welcome to the scene. keep us posted. im sure we can help you out..

also try mightyram50.net fresh forum is up just a few more tweaks.......
i have build threads on both..
dbarker42   +1y
not exactly sure on how much its dropped just know it is, I'm kinda new to the lowered truck scene, i normally go up with em instead of down haha. would guess 3in probably. had to change the water pump on the 89 this weekend, wasn't to bad just a little of a pain to get to.

on the 87, the more i tear into it, the more damage i find and i dont know if i can save the cab now, its got alot more damage than i originally thought. the inner fender wells really arent an issue im sure i can find some or fab up my own later, the problem is on the structure where the door mounts, it got pushed in more than i thought, and i dont know if i can save it.

thanks for info on the other site and all the help i can get will be appreciated
dale   +1y
HEY MAN THE WHITE ONE WHAT KINDA VALINCE DO YOU HAVE ON IT I LIKE THAT LOOK ITS KINDA LIKE A PLYMOUTH CUDA
dbarker42   +1y
lol im not real sure what it came off of, it was on there when i bought it. i know its not stock cause i looked at it and its zip tied on haha
baggedbmy93mazda   +1y

you didnt know that zip ties were an option that year..special package!
dbarker42   +1y
^^hahaha dam must have missed that

Gonna be painting the 89 here pretty soon and gonna be looking to get a new front bumper cause i want a little bit different look and the one on it now is pretty beat up.
ive seen a few good looking ones on here but dont know what they were off of, also seen something about some bumper covers but dont know much about them as well, so if you guys could post some pics of some nice looking bumpers or suggest some ones that would work that would be great and thanks ahead of time
dbarker42   +1y
Haven't posted in awhile thought i would catch you guys up on whats been going on with these trucks. Well the 87 is no more, once i got all the damage parts off i found out that the main door structure on the cab was pushed in and was not fix able, so i pulled all the good parts and the motor&trans outta it and scrapped the rest. gotta $100 bucks outta that so not a bad deal, and what i pulled off is for sale if anyone is interested? (passenger fender, pass. door, bench seat, motor and trans, radiator)

the 89 has became the main project now and is finally in primer and will be painted next weekend! here are some pics
swapped the bed off the 87 to the 89 because it was in great shape and the 89 bed need way too much body work
thread post photo

after being sanded down
thread post photo

in primer now, found a late 90's 4runner bumper i think im gonna go pic up soon, i like the look of that swap
thread post photo

thread post photo

i think you guys will like what i got planed for the paint job, dont wanna give anything a way but you will see it here in bout a week.
tluke   +1y
Looks like some serious inner fender work that panned out smooth. Great work!