threads
Page 1 of 1
Max Projects \  TwistedKreation's Project Thread.

TwistedKreation's Project Thread.

Max Projects
views 2668
replies 8
following 5

twistedkreation   +1y
OK guys since I want to start posting on this site often let me start with my truck. It is a 1987 Dodge Ram 50 Custom longbed with the 2.6 liter in it. I bought the truck back in April of 2007 for $200 and a couple of Universal Studios tickets. It was'nt running so me and my dad went to the junkyard got a carb of a 4x4 model, replaced the muffler, and I was off running. It has been pretty much a daily driver for me and wife up until a few months ago when it started to make sounds due the common stuck valve issue. Now I am getting my wife a van and my dad just recently retired from trucking so we are going to freshen up the motor, fix all the little rust spots and replace the clutch and gears in the tranny. While we do that I am going to do a cheap drop consisting of cutting the front coils and drop blocks in the rear. The gameplan for now is to KISS(Keep It SimpleStupid). My uncle has a welder and some space in his garage and I am going to try to hang out with some local guys from Vertically Challenged and go from there. I want to do a simple bag job no bodydrop and then clean up and shave the handles and tails and paint it grey with a blue metallic on the top part of the cab with some dark blue steel wheels and maybe whitewalls. Ok now for the pics!

When I first brought it home
thread post photo

The dirty interior I had to deal with. The guy I bought it from had bought from some damn kids in South Carolina that went mudding with it. Under the soiled carpet I found about 5 pounds of pumpkin seeds, 3 pounds of dirt, and about $3.75 in change lol.
thread post photo

Yep an old rusty roll bar, a deer sticker, a SC flag sticker, and of course, a Git-R-Done! Sticker, my wife-then fiance happily peel those little bastards right off for me.
thread post photo

Finally getting the truck running in about Sept. of 2007
thread post photo

The kids also decided that running thru beach sand and mud was not enough and kindly decided to f-up the whole damn wiring on this truck and taking the horn and horn button. So me and my dad decided to drop this air horn in.
thread post photo

Here it is most recently san the damn reneck bar and running good. I will post up pics of the interior soon as I am prepping and painting all the dash pieces and shift knob.

thread post photo
baha   +1y
Nice start! I can't wait to see more
twistedkreation   +1y
Well finally cranked the truck back up tofay and it turns out that all that's wrong with it is a busted exhaust manifold gasket. It turns out the crappy cardboard one that came with my Pacesetter header burnt up. So I got a metal replacement gasket and have to rethread the studs. I also found a can of Dupli-Color Metal Speck Blue paint that I use for my interior pieces. Updates later.
qballd50   +1y
Yeah I Seen The Header in there!!
You Are Off to A Good Start!!
Good Luck Buddy!!
twistedkreation   +1y
Thanks man I hope to get to running again this weekend.
twistedkreation   +1y
OK here's a pic of all the dash pieces primed ready for paint. I found a nice metallic blue that I'm going to try paint them.

thread post photo
qballd50   +1y
Sweet Keep Us Updated!
johnboy72   +1y
That's about what my dad's 88 looks like sitting back in Missouri. Too bad your 4 hrs away from me. I'm coming across these trucks more and more!
rex   +1y
Nice!!
Page 1 of 1