Page 1 of 3
Max Projects \  Starting to Bag The 88 D50 Ext Cab

Starting to Bag The 88 D50 Ext Cab

Max Projects
views 3161
replies 24
following 6

qballd50   +1y
Starting to Bag The 88 D50 Ext Cab, Needing some Help with the Crossmembers(what to cut and relocate)
I'll be Starting in the Next Couple of weeks So any Help would be Greatful!
post photo
qballd50   +1y
I'm going to Set it up For 20"wheels But i Don't Have the Money Right Now To Purchase any Wheels But i guess i will roll on some stock wheels for now. My 16"Neepers i don't think they will Tuck but we will See.

Any Body Got any Wheels For Sale.

I have a 1992 Mitsubishi Mighty Max I would trade for something.(It Needs a Tranny But it runs, stuck in 2nd gear)
twistedkreation   +1y
Hey Q it's TwistedKreation from the "other" site, I am pretty sure the neepers are not going to tuck due to the offset but if you plan on 20's then just cut the wheel wells anyways and use trailer tubs. Not sure on everything that needs to be cut but good luck and post pics!
slammedxonair   +1y
If you need parts email me a list to and mention this site. I am a sponsor on here and will do my best to help you out with pricing.
qballd50   +1y

Thanks Man, Yeah The Neepers Wont Tuck(Sucks) But Wheel wise i don't Know what i'll be running. But i am going to set it up for 20's
qballd50   +1y

Thanks Man!! I'll Be Checking with you!!
qballd50   +1y
I just ordered a 95 Bumper For my Truck Fri.
Paid 200 Shipped to my door!!
Can't wait till it comes in!
laidmits   +1y
what i have always do for the x-members is......
cut out the carrier bearing x-member off then cut off the bearing portion of the x-member weld it on some round tubing then weld it on above the bottom of the frame.
the tranny x-member i unbolt and cut off the mounts on the frame. useing some angle iron i drill two wholes on one side and weld them to the frame. then i use some round or square tubing and make the mounts to bolt it to the tranny and to the mounts that i welded to the side.
for the front i trim the x-member to a 1/4" above the bottom of the frame then weld in a 1/4" plate to strengthen it. doing this will leave your center link below the frame, so to take care of this using a torch i heat up the idler arm and pitman arm and bend them up just enough to clear.
i know most people prefer to "z" frame, but if you decide to body drop it later your engine is going to sit that much closer to the hood. like i said this is the way that i have always done MY mits'.
qballd50   +1y

Thanks Buddy For YOur Help!! Really Needed It!!
laidmits   +1y
your welcome!