Page 1 of 1
Max Suspension \  Painting frame?

Painting frame?

Max Suspension Max Tech
views 1918
replies 8
following 7

drpdontitns   +1y
Going to b painting my frame this weekend how hard is it to take off the uper&lower control arm, spring and shock's and what tools do I need.the body is completely off. engine and trans still mounted to the frame.
slow50   +1y
not too hard you need the basic hand tools. maybe a spring comperssor if your scared of the springs.
claych   +1y
Coil spring suspension?
Or torsion bar?
drpdontitns   +1y
Coil spring
mightymouse   +1y
POR-15! the only rust stopper that i have ever had work! its pricy but well worth it let me know if anyone would like some I have a good deal on the stuff from work!!
capev86   +1y
i think POR 15 is junk. only thing that will work is a coating that won't peel, unlike paint (which por 15 is). get yourself a quality poly bed liner kit with an undercoating gun and go to town. anything that can absorb the energy of a bomb blast (see the Myth Busters episode) and hold together is good in my book!
mi-mitsu   +1y
If you're going through that much trouble to remove the body and maybe even the engine and tranny and then suspension - why not powder coat it?
Post was last edited on May 14, 2012 08:05. This post has been edited 1 times.
capev86   +1y
powder coat is a little more rugged than regular paint and looks good....on a show car. but eventually even it peels off. that's the beauty of poly....it bonds to itself (not just sticks to the surface) and absorbs impacts.
payrion   +1y

id have to disagree on the powder coating peeling off, i am a coater and do know IF done 100% it will last a lifetime unless its chipped, if the frame is blasted, iron phosphate, zinc rich primer and color, and some color need clear...if done that way it wont peel, and if it does you need another coater....The bed line is a great cheaper way too, i did my last bagged s10 with the raptor liner, looked great, you just need to make sure all oil and dirt is completely off.
Page 1 of 1