Page 1 of 1
Max Suspension \  Lifting an '87

Lifting an '87

Max Suspension Max Tech
views 1958
replies 4
following 4

crazyman03   +1y
I was doing a bit of snooping around on how to do a quick and dirty lift for my '87 Max (RWD). I know i can flip the leaf springs from under the axle to the top and that'll give me maybe 3" in the rear. How would i go about doing something like that up front?

I looked around a bit and found that if i tweak with the torsion bars i can get about 2-3" up front. But, I don't think i have those up front? or mayhaps i'm just completely missing them? If i don't have them, how would i go about raising the front?

any input would be great!

-Justin
droppedmitsu   +1y
2wd don't have torsions. Need to find some longer coils or something, I've also heard montero upper control arms will add some lift but not too sure
crazyman03   +1y
well... that sucks. I was kinda hoping for something real quick and easy to do.

-Justin
medevack1   +1y
By all means i dont mean to hi-jack this tread but i also would like to know about lifting the truck, and what other truck wheels / tires can we use on the max/d50.
capev86   +1y
where are you going with a 2wd that you don't have enough clearance? any taller and it will be very tippy...these things don't even have a rear sway bar (and a puny front one). i like the stock 14" 5 spoke rims on my 87 and thinking the 15 inch versions off a 4x4 model with taller tires will fit the bill nicely. the truck has plenty of ground clearance for the dirt road i live on. and it is the perfect height for getting in and out of for me (5'9"). bigger rims would allow for a brake upgrade since the fronts are kinda small by modern standards.
Page 1 of 1