Page 1 of 1
Max Suspension \  Toe in Problem

Toe in Problem

Max Suspension Max Tech
views 1464
replies 8
following 3

icpurplepplalot   +1y
I have a bodied 90 ram 50, and am having a problem with toe in on the front at any lift over typical ride height.

It's been on the sidelines for awhile now as I've been in the process of rebuilding the 2.0, but now that she's firing up again, I want to try and correct it. Before, I had taken it to tire kingdom to get them to align it, and they pretty much told it there wasn't much they could do, but set the toe at ride height and it would be jacked at any other height, and I'm not so sure I believe that.

What appears to be happening is that the tie rods are pulling the tires in at lifts over 3 inches or so, and I'm not sure if I can fix that by adjusting them and aligning it myself or what. Any help would be greatly appreciated it.

This is how my front setup is done with re6s

thread post photo

thread post photo
droppedmitsu   +1y
Do you have drop spindles? If not I would think they would help out as they move the wheel up 2" in relation to the steering and such, so you wouldn't be at the ends of limit for movement on the tie rods and maybe they wouldn't pull the wheels in. I don't know jut a thought.
icpurplepplalot   +1y
No, don't have drop spindles as I'm rocking the 14'' steelies and had no intention of running anything larger than a 15'' rim, though you may have a point with that. I'll have to look into it, thanks
slow50   +1y
i can fit the stock steelies on my truck with drop spindles.
icpurplepplalot   +1y
How much does that limit your lift in the front though? I already need to either flip my stock arms or get tubulars as they bind.
droppedmitsu   +1y
your upper control arms are maxxing out when the truck is trying to lay out right? If so then drop spindles will help solve that.
icpurplepplalot   +1y
No, they max out when lifting. I have no problem laying the truck out. The problem is the toe that I get at full lift, or anything over 3 inches or so.
droppedmitsu   +1y
That doesn't make much sense, you have all stock control arms and spindles right? I don't see how it would bind when lifting, seeing as the ride height was tons higher at stock height then you're probably trying to drive at with bags so I don't see how the b/j's could be maxxing out when you try to lift.
icpurplepplalot   +1y
No, my stock uppers hit the frame and max out, as in the re6s aren't maxed out, but are limited because the upper arms hit the frame.

Anyways, the lift isn't my problem, nor am I really worried about it right now, just wanted to fix the toe I have in the front.
Page 1 of 1