Page 1 of 1
Max Suspension \  front bag placement

front bag placement

Max Suspension Max Tech
views 2722
replies 8
following 3

mclovin   +1y
ok ive looked at a few build threads and cant really find specifically what im looking for. I have a 93 by the way. I see that the spring pocket has to be pretty much totally cut out but how is the bag mounted up top? just a flat weld in plate or is it like a modified S10 upper bag cup or something? also what size bag will fit up there. id like to run as big as possible but maybe just an RE6?
slow50   +1y
i dont think you want to try anything bigger then a re6 it can be done but more work. check out my build thread there picture of the cups i made. you can either do cups or minitruckin magazine did a how to where they weld a plate up in there then make another plate that bolts to that one. just remember you gota some how get to the top of the bag to bolt it in.
mclovin   +1y
yeah definately. i was also thinking about cutting off completely all the stock stuff and making my owm bracket off the frame. since im doin a 3/4 frame i might as well do some custom shit on the front too lol
slow50   +1y
ya check out twistedminis.com seth is building one with one off front suspension. some one on here is too.
baggedbmy93mazda   +1y
here is a pic of my uca mounts i made from scratch....with stuff i had laying around the garage. The plate that the control arm mounts to is getting cut shorter...
they are not done...still got to clean them up and a few other things.

Bag mounts will be added when i get my uppers and body drop done.

hope these help..

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo
mclovin   +1y
im not sure i quite understand whats going on with all that random 1x1?
baggedbmy93mazda   +1y

ummm....ok do you weld much? make your own stuff....etc.....
that random tube is what i used to mark and keep my two original holes that the uca mounts to....i kept the factory positioning--it gave me a surface to build to/mock up etc.

good luck
mclovin   +1y
ah i gotcha. and yes ive been around and done more than bolt stuff to a truck. thanks for the luck bud
baggedbmy93mazda   +1y

if i get to my bags before you ill have them on my build thread.... on here, on mightyram50.net and mazdabscene...

i would like to see your project aswell...keep us posted..
Page 1 of 1