Page 1 of 1
Max Suspension \  Tilt Bed

Tilt Bed

Max Suspension Max Tech
views 1520
replies 9
following 3

cyrus   +1y
Got my tilt bed hooked up yesterday. I need to finish welding it in and cut some more metal off of the cab so it doesn't snag. It runs slow because I ran the air through about 50 feet of 1/4 line through a manual ball valve. But overall I am pleased with it.
cyrus   +1y
Oh, and I also cut a permanent hole in my roof.
thread post photo

thread post photo
chopd13   +1y
If you nix the 50' of 1/4" line..

Add dual 3/4" line/ports, and a nitrogen tank,
not only would it speed things up..
Your Max might be able to do a back-flip!

Seriously though . . NICE job, and killer lookin' truck!
The guys on here that know me would vouch..
I'm into this sort of stuff.. the 'odder', the better!

Anyways, the hole in your roof..
Maybe think about this.. my friend did it with his Ranger..

Keep the front/sides the same..
Keep cutting the back all the way, then down the back of the cab on both sides of the window, and keep the stock ledge of the oe rear section..

Channels are then welded in place, forming a 90* shape (roof / rear)

Lexan (or plexiglass) can then be molded using a heat-gun over a 4" piece of pvc in order to create a roof/rear window combo.

It's slick as all hell! 1/2" thick works best..

You're pretty much making a see-through 'targa top'.

It can all be held down using latches similar to those used in the front of a Suzuki Sidekick, or Geo/Chevy Tracker (soft top)

Just a thin layer of rubber all the way around (similar to a door seal) will make er' air / water tight.

With the 'top' in, it's as structurally sound as it gets. Top out, can become a bit sketchy if not reinforced, but then again . .

when do 'true' minitruckers ever play it safe?!

Just thought I'd share..

Keep up the wicked job!

Sam -
cyrus   +1y
Thanks, I don't suppose you would have a picture of this contraption your friend had. I'm going to go ahead and post the pictures of what I did yesterday, it's been so nice out the past few days, I had to do something. I purchased the two inch box from suicidedoors.
thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo
chopd13   +1y
I wish I did have a picture for ya..
Unfortunately, I haven't seen Lee's truck in years.

It was actually a show-winner at Carlisle before he bought it (from the builder) so I'm sure I'll be able to dig something up.

I'll shoot him a text, and see if he can send me a recent pic.

I was supposed to finish the last of it's mods, and re-spray it, but he drug his feet, and I closed my shop..

Let me see what I can do..

Back to your truck..

KILLER job on that platebox!
I'm seriously diggin' the 90* cut, were the top corner intersects the t-gate body line! *thumbs up*

Keep up the great work,
and enjoy that warm weather!

Here in NY, it was almost 50 yesterday afternoon,
and now there's damn near 5" of fresh snow on the ground! *sigh* haha

Sam -
chopd13   +1y
thread post photo

Until I score a pic of Lee's Ranger,
here's another truck with the 'removable top' idea.
This is actually an old 'kit' sold through MiniTruckin mag ads. I just can't find the company who made it.
(directions, seals, latches, etc)

Sorry the truck's such an eye-sure, it was literally
the ONLY one I could find out of hundreds of pics.

At least you'll have a better 'visual' of the concept though.

Sam -
cyrus   +1y
Yeah, I see what your talking about now. Thanks. Its been like 70 and sunny here, I welded up the tailgate handle over the weekend and trimmed up the cab a little bit to get rid of the snag the bed was catching on, it runs smooth now. When I get some cash I'll get me some Grant Kustoms tail light fillers.
qballd50   +1y
Lookin Good Bro!
cyrus   +1y
Thanks qball. When are we going to see some progress on your ride? I guess yours is farther along then mine, since it runs. Maybe I'll bring mine to All Star this year, even if I have to trailer it in. I saw a guy there last year with one that was an 80 model I think. Mine and his would look good sitting together.
qballd50   +1y

Should Be Starting It Soon, it Runs just haven't had the extra money to start the Bag Process, I'm Def Going To All Star show. You Should Bring It In On A Trailer. I Seen that truck there too Its Sweet!!
Hopefully We Could Hang Out A While!
Page 1 of 1