Page 1 of 1
Max Suspension \  help

help

Max Suspension Max Tech
views 1167
replies 5
following 3

slammed91mighty   +1y
ok im new here and have a question. i just got a 91 mighty max it was lowered on lowering springs and had 2 leafs in the back. well i cut a round off the front and it sits right on the bumpstops. thats is where i want it to be. now the back i took out the other leaf so now im just running the main and now it sounds like my driveshaft is rubbing on something. has anyone had this problem before. and if so how did you fix it?
texasfittys   +1y
its probably hitting the cab. ive heard of alot of people having to cut a tunnel in the back of the cab so the driveshaft dont hit
slammed91mighty   +1y
yea thats what i was thinking you can look at the driveshaft and its real shinny where its been rubbing something. if im just coasting down the road it dont do it but as soon as i hit the gas it starts making a grinding noise.
alan   +1y
Yes, I've been there and done that. It most likely is the driveshaft rubbing the cab. I had the same problem with my 89' Mits.
slammed91mighty   +1y

what has to be done to fix this. ive had a buch of slammed mazdas and never had this problem. couldnt believe it had coil spring i thought for sure they had torsions to but nope.
alan   +1y
You will have to cut and raise the rear section of the driveshaft tunnel to give the driveshaft the clearance it needs. Another option is to lift the truck back up in the back a little, but that really isn't an option when you want it low.
Page 1 of 1