Page 1 of 1
Max Suspension \  Installing AIM Drop Spindles

Installing AIM Drop Spindles

Max Suspension Max Tech
views 2943
replies 5
following 5

justinlansdale   +1y
I'm still new to the mini-truck game, and i've had a pair of AIM drop spindles sitting in my room for monthes.

How tough is it to install the drop spindles?
Can I reuse the balljoints? (mine are fine)
Do I need a balljoint press to swap from stock spindles to drop spindles?

Any advice would be great before i dig in and complete this install.
92slammedmitsu   +1y
all you have to do is remove the caliber from the rotor and then the tierods and pop the ball joints out of the spindle you will not have to take them out of the A-arms . then remove the dust cap in the center of the spindle and take off the castle nut and put the rotor and wheel barrings onto the drop spindle and reverse the process
d3v1ns d50   +1y
Make sure to get a balljoint seperator. It will make it alot easier to seperate the balljoints from the spindles. Make sure to keep your steering wheel and wheels straight during the process to make realignment alot easier. The drop spindles will make the alignment off some an you will have to get it realigned.
justinlansdale   +1y
in case anyone is keeping up with this:

the install itself went fairly easy today. didn't need a balljoint separator because they just popped right out of the spindles with no issues. we DID have to trim the lower control arm a little bit because it was rubbing against the inside of the stock 14" wheels. i picked up 5mm slip on spacers and trimmed the lower control arm and it seems fine. alignment is off a small bit.

also, the driver side sits lower than the passenger side for some reason? we didn't touch the spring/strut section, not sure why this would happen.
texasfittys   +1y
make sure the spring didnt turn in its seat. that can affect the height.
mitsumike559   +1y
I had This same exact problem I even drop the contol arm a second time to reset the spring. Same problem. Mine leans a good two inches on my driver side.
Page 1 of 1