threads
Page 1 of 1
Max Suspension \  Bag lift size, diameter, and 4 link setup...

Bag lift size, diameter, and 4 link setup...

Max Suspension Max Tech
views 2579
replies 7
following 4

denraweb   +1y
So I had a few quick questions.

1) Will 10.5" extended for 2500lbs bags and 12" extended for 2600lbs bags be too much of a lift for a mighty max?

2) Will 6.5" diamter for 2500lbs bags and 7.5" for 2600lbs bags be a good fit for a mighty max?

3) If I remove everything (bed, gas tank, crossmember, etc.), leave the leaf springs at stock height, put the wheels back on, and set the truck on level ground, could I just weld up my 4 link at that point to give me a correct pinion angle?
denraweb   +1y
Someone help with 4 link?
d3v1ns d50   +1y
I have Dominator 2500s in front and 2600s in the back. Any bag is gonna be a tight fit for the front of our trucks. There is little room to work with in the front. If you plan on driving your truck at stock height you might be able to do that with the 4 link. But why bag it if your ride height is gonna be stock. I took everything loose and set the frame on two bricks giving me a ride height of the frame being about 4" off the ground to set up the pinion angle for my 4 link.
denraweb   +1y
Oh ok I see what youre saying. But I will be driving daily on stock height, which is where I'm gonna align it so I can get the best wear from my tires. The bags are just kinda like a fun thing to add. Really no use for them. I mean I'm not gonna be like towing or anything lol. Just wanna have some fun with em.

But I guess I still have a lot to learn about the 4 link and how to get it set up. Now I gotta hunt around on how to get the pinion angle, that kinda scares me cuz I dont wanna go through seals if it's not right...
payrion   +1y
i would try to use the 2600 bag in the rear for sure, that will give you the most lift and the best ride... when setting up a 4 link you want the frame on jack stands and as level as can be both side to side and front to back, you want the axle jacked up in the rear til it is set at ride height, keep in mind the amount your frame is jacked up... set your lower 4 link bars paralell to the ground at ride height, and on the upper bars slope them towards the front slightly to gain some sort od an instant center. on your upper bars make sure you have at least 30deg between them so you wont need a locating device(watts or panhard).. when at ride height you set the pinion angle up befor the 4 link is welded on..
goto airridetalk.com, alot of good info about all you are asking.

there is many ways to do this but the above is what has worked for me!
denraweb   +1y
Lol

Well after trying to figure it out, I am currently calling shops to get prices to get it welded in lol.

Thanks anyways guys.
slow50   +1y
pinion angle isnt hard at all you just match it to the angle of the tranny but in the opposite direction. so the tranny will be pointing down say 5 deg. then you point the rear end up 5 deg. but ya if you dont even feel comfortable with pinion angles then you probably shouldnt attempt to set up a four link.
denraweb   +1y

Wow you actually said it in a way I can understand. So I can simply put the truck on stands, remove the driveshaft, measure the angle on the tranny, and apply that opposite measurement to the rear end and then weld my 4 link? If it's that simple, then I can do it myself lol.
Page 1 of 1