Page 1 of 1
Max Suspension \  NEED SOME SUSPENSION IDEAS PLEASE

NEED SOME SUSPENSION IDEAS PLEASE

Max Suspension Max Tech
views 1173
replies 4
following 3

90mm87   +1y
Hi everyone i have a 1990 mitsu mighty max 2.4l 4cyl 5spd Im putting bags on my truck and i was wondewring if any of you guys had pics of your rear and front bag setups i need some inspiration on the way i want it setup andy pics would be great thanks again!!!!
slow50   +1y
check out my build thread the link is in my sig. i havent updated it lately but the lower bars will be done by the weekend. also check out streetsource for more build threads.
90mm87   +1y
slow50
hey man how did you get rid of that brake distribution assembly on the rear end it would help me tons i was goint to try to work artound it and try to keep it but if you got a way to get rid of it id love to know
slow50   +1y
ya i ditched that thing. if you folow the lines one comes out of the master cylinder and goes straight to that thing thats the one you wana keep. the the other line goes from that valve and goes back up to the front and t's into the front brake lines. what i did was take that line out then ran a union where it t'ed into the front lines that way your front lines are connected. then you ditch the valve but if you notice theres a bleeder valve on that valve to bleed the left rear wheel. what i did about that was get a passenger side wheel cylinder and put in on the drivers side so it has the bleeder valve in the wheel cylinder. if you look at the original drivers side cylinder theres no way to put a bleeder in there. now you just take that one line running from the master cylinder to the rear end and t it into both wheel cylinder in the rear end. you can get the hardline on the rear end off a first gen d50 becuase its allready t'ed and fits the shape of the rear end. now i havent got mine all together yet so i cant tell you that it works forsure. but i dont see any reason it wouldnt. i have also seen people just ditch that valve and not use a bleeder on the drivers side rear. so that should work too.
capev86   +1y
i don't want to quite so radical as Slow50, but the stock leaf spring rear leaves a lot to be desired in terms of looks and performance. my haynes manual shows the trailing arm/coil spring rear that was available in the dodge raider and first generation montero. it comes complete with a sway bar. so that setup grafted into my truck with some poly bushings would be awesome. i also want a locking rear diff or atleast a more highway friendly rear gear...newer monteros reportedly have a wider track width. i saw in the latest catalog that jcwhitney carries poly cab mounts for our trucks. my 87 ram 50 is a base model with standard cab, short bed, 2wd and 5spd. i am also thinking about a fuel injected 2.4 swap or maybe even a new mitsu 3.8 v6 to get the truck running like the sport truck it looks like (well....after the rust is fixed). i want to vamp it up but it will also have to serve as a winter vehicle and daily driver and do some light duty towing when i don't want to take my 72 suburban out in the winter salt spray. i will coat the under body, bed, frame and chassis components with a good poly bed liner product like al's liner. this truck has enough ground clearance to do what a truck can and its easy to get in and out of but it is still low enough to feel like i'm driving a car and not a truck.
Page 1 of 1