Page 1 of 1
Max Suspension \  mustang ii or bags? whats a good suspension replacement

mustang ii or bags? whats a good suspension replacement

Max Suspension Max Tech
views 2444
replies 9
following 6

ncm113   +1y
has anyone put a mustang ii front end on a early d-50? if so what was the cost. also would bagging be a cheaper alternative?
slow50   +1y
why would you wana replace your stock front end with a mustang 2 front end? people use mustang 2 fronts on reallly old cars that have solid axles up front or older style fronts with drums and stuff like that. what are you trying to do with the truck?
layin?mighty87   +1y
Yeah, what exactly are you trying to do here?... unless you're building a track monster? My '88 mighty max is bagged at all 4 corners. I'm evetually going to have custom A-arms made so I could put Tacoma disks with dropped spindles, but the mighty max gear is fine. i'm going to replace the rearend with a shortened Tacoma's also so I could have disk brakes out back with 20's all
slammedxonair   +1y
Mustang ii suspensions have great geometry, thats why people use them. Check out the explorer chassis build in my vendor section, I'm using a modified Hiedts Hot Rod Shop setup.
mightykeith   +1y
a mustang II suspension would make it handle great that's why people use them on street rod i mean the stock truck would handle decent but i think the mustang suspension is the way to go!!!!
slow50   +1y
i think i recall reading some where that a mustang 2 suspesion isnt that great for bags though i could be wrong. but ive used the hiedts setup too we put it on a 58 chevy truck and bagged it.
slow50   +1y
slammedxonair   +1y
Well for the first time ever I will have to disagree with what Max said about the limited lift. The chassis I'm building is getting 9.5" of lift and there are pics to prove it in my build threads. Although I have heard of yota clips getting into the 12-15" range but I think there more about 12"
slow50   +1y
i believe you im not talking crap about mustang 2 fronts i just remember reading that a long time ago and thought i would share it with you guys. the one we did got good lift too.
rickdees   +1y
I have one under my truck, and like it a lot
The thing about these is they do not get bumpsteer, nor will it toe in and out in any ride position.
You can hardly beat this IFS, (Dodge Volare is much the same, but to wide for our trucks)

With the MII IFS you can get shorter A arms (5/8"on each side), or stay at stock width.
The stock truck control arms you can get from Mike @dalles hotrod, but they'll cost you about $500
That's half of what the MII IFS will cost, I have seen them as low as $999.00, high as $2300

You can also get 11" brakes for the MII, (Ford Granada)...

Only 1 big problem, The rack and pinion will hit your oil pan (Front sump), it's in front of the cross member. Our stock steering is on the rear of the cross member...
My truck has a chevy 4.3, so the oil pan sump is on the rear of the cross member

The MII IFS do get spendy, but you can't beat them
Page 1 of 1