threads
Page 1 of 1
Max Suspension \  mitsu trailing arm/coil rear swap?

mitsu trailing arm/coil rear swap?

Max Suspension Max Tech
views 1808
replies 3
following 2

capev86   +1y
wondering if anyone has grafted the coil spring/trailing arm rear suspension from a old montero/raider into their pickup. am thinking about doing that when i restore my grandfahter's 87 ram 50....it needs a good deal of repair on the rear frame anyway. obviously the trailing arm rear is better looking and it also has a sway bar. i would think it would be a pretty straight forward job compared to a custom setup (and look more at home too) because the chassis design is similar to the montero. my haynes manual shows both setups. i want to go custom, but not rely on the aftermarket except for little pieces like poly bushings and braided brake hoses. i may try and use a montero rear disc brakes too if they will fit the 15" versions of the stock 14" 5 spoke (star) rims my truck has.
ryan4dc   +1y
Hmmmmmm. Never thought of that. I normally see people swapping the ford 8.8 or doing the Toyota 5 lug swap for front and rear.
capev86   +1y
yeah......i want to keep it all mitsu, not go the normal route and build a frankenstein.
capev86   +1y
i have done some research on some raider/montero pages and it looks like a second generation mitsu suv is the way to go as it has beefier trailing arms. apparently first gen arms can break when off roading (not that i'll be doing that with a 2wd) but the 2nd gen was also available with rear disc brakes.
Page 1 of 1