Page 1 of 2
Max Suspension \  leaf springs!!

leaf springs!!

Max Suspension Max Tech
views 3794
replies 10
following 7

baggedchevy   +1y
i already have a dropped max but don't want it dropped any more im looking to return to stock height or higher. can any one post pics of a stock leaf spring? i was told that i have drop leafs but dont know. on my leaf springs there is only two i believe. also will leaf springs from the same year toyota truck fit on theses trucks?
baggedchevy   +1y
look people if your in tx and have some stock leafs for a 90 max or 50 ill buy them off you here is how my truck looks

crvtec90   +1y
The only lowering leaf springs I have seen 4 these trucks are monoleaf springs ( meaning only one leaf). People usually take the middle leaf out of the stock set to lower the rear. If the toyota leaf springs dont bolt up well, just take the middle leaf out of them and put it in the max/d50 pair.
baggedchevy   +1y
well i just found out that im missing the middle leaf and i got a block on the rear, anyone know were i can get another middle leaf?
baggedchevy   +1y
thx crvtec for the idea ill go to the junk yard tomorrow an try that out
d3v1ns d50   +1y
I have my complete set of rear leafs removed from the truck but I'm in Ky. Not sure if I can be much help other than just to look and check them out.
pennyman1   +1y
mm/d-50 leafs are 2.75 inches wide, that is why bolt on helpers are narrower than the stock leafs. Also, the stock leafs are of a soft ride design that sags quickly without the center leaf. Montero leafs can work, but I'm not sure of the main leaf being the same length
baggedchevy   +1y
so what years of the montero? the same years of the mm or d50
capev86   +1y
you can build your own custom packs. just put in extra leaves of different lengths and you could stiffen right up. i personally can't see lowering the back end on a vehicle to "level it". that is the ugliest mod.....true hot rods have a rake with the nose down....it looks aggressive. leveled trucks just look saggy in the back. my bone stock 87 ram 50 looks awesome at stock height and it needs the rake for when i actually use the bed for things.....it could actually use some extra stiffness when i really load it down. my 50 sits just right. it is the perfect height for getting in and out of with ease and has great ground clearance yet it isn't much taller than a car. i just want to add a beefier engine, tach cluster, montero trailing arm rear with sway bar and discs, bigger front brakes, and 87 raider 5 spoke rims that look like the stock 14's!
mitsumike559   +1y
its "Mono leaf" maximum drop... not the best way.....theres three leafs all together usually like the other guy said they take out the middle, thats how most people do it.....i got a prob wit mine i think my leafs are bent and its causing my truck to sit side ways....