threads
Page 1 of 1
Max Suspension \  loweing d50 a bit more.

loweing d50 a bit more.

Max Suspension Max Tech
views 1105
replies 2
following 2

castaneda8   +1y
I lowered my d50 a while ago but it's not quite as low as I like it. What I had done was cut 1 1/2 coils off and it gave me a 3inch drop. I want there to be a small gap between the fender and the tire. Right now there's about a 2inch gap. I was thinkin if a remove bump stops will that lower me any at all or maybe an inch or 2. Anybody know? If it wont lower me any than I guess ima cut another coil off. It wasnt to hard to do so yea. Any help would be awesome. Oh and how do I get the back to go lower. I have 3 inch blocks and it looks as if leaf springs were already taken off yet it's still not that low. The u-bolt mount is but not the bed.
droppedmitsu   +1y
Cutting the bump stops will not lower it any more, it will only give your suspension more travel before it bottoms out. The only way to lower it more in the front is by cutting more coil off or getting drop spindles(around $200). In the back you will either need to get a bigger block(make sure it is an angled block with anything more than a 3" drop, helps with pinion angle), or you can remove the middle leaf if it hasn't been done already. If you have 3 leafs in you leaf pack then NONE have been removed yet. Removing the middle one will give you about a 2" drop.
castaneda8   +1y
ok. Thanks alot man. So i guess I will take it apart this weekend or nxt and cut another coil off and while im at it cut 1/2 the bump stop off. Than prob take the middle leaf out as well. Thanks again
Page 1 of 1