Page 1 of 1
Max Suspension \  Drop spindle problems

Drop spindle problems

Max Suspension Max Tech
views 1081
replies 1
following 1

d3v1ns d50   +1y
I have been driving my truck for just 3 months now and the brand new wheel bearing I put on the driver side went bad. My truck is bagged with chassis tech drop spindles. So I try to remove the old bearings to replace them and the outside bearing is frozen solid and stuck on the axle. The bearing race has somehow broken and gotten eaten up so the bearings are just floating around. The only way to get the bearing off was to hammer the bearings themselves back thru the backside and finally I got the hub off. Now I just have the inner bearing assembly STUCK on the axle. I ended up having to get a cutoff wheel and cut thru it on 4 different spots. After hammering, beating, and chiseling I finally got the bearing completely off and wouldn't you know that the new bearing will not slide over the axle because it is too thick. I guess I didn't pick up on this when installing but the outside bearing never properly seated because the axle was too thick which is what I suspect for making the bearing go bad. Unfortunately I damaged the threads so bad on the axle I can't even use the spindle now so I'm stuck going back with stock spindles if I still want to drive the truck. It no longer lays frame which is pointless to me. The pass side seems to be fine. I'm not positive but I think I just got a faulty spindle which caused all my woes. This sux!
d3v1ns d50   +1y
After inspecting it a little further with a friend it appears the bearing welded itself to the axle shaft. Who knows what happened for sure. Maybe not enough grease?
Page 1 of 1