Page 1 of 2
Max Suspension \  Starting the drop tomorrow..couple ?'s

Starting the drop tomorrow..couple ?'s

Max Suspension Max Tech
views 3524
replies 10
following 5

mighty_misfit   +1y
OK, so for now i'm just going to be static dropping the MM. In the front I want to cut 1 1/2 coils, so if I'm correct it will give me aprox. 3 inches of drop....correct??

Now, for the back I want to pull the middle leaf and add a 4 inch block, my question will the back drop be to much to not notch the frame? I don't mind the occasional slam on the axle, I just don't want to be riding on the frame.
ryan4dc   +1y
So your going to do a 3/6 drop? Hope that block is angled.
payrion   +1y
yes angled blocks. we have about every size block, we want alittle raked to the rear. you think it will be ok with out a rear notch?
droppedmitsu   +1y
just go out and measure six inches from the top of the axle and see how close it is to the frame. I'm pretty sure its gonna be an inch or two away?
payrion   +1y
got he rear dropped last night, it was nice and smooth, pulled middle leaf and added 4 inch block. sits nice in back...
started the front, man this was never taken apart before... well tonight it gets new lower ball joints, shocks, sway bar end links... I did get the spring out. but everything i just listed busted while doing so...will get the front done and shoot a few pics...

it doesnt look at low as it actually is in that pic... sorry for the cell phone photo... cant find the charger for our new dig camera.
also thinking now about some inifity rims, a dude has them on his hardbody out here and is selling them... looks tight...they are 18s and chrome.
qballd50   +1y
Looks Good Buddy!!!
And Yeah those wheels will look sweet on your ride!!
Post more pictures when its completed!

Man There's nothing like a D50 Sitting On the Ground!!
ryan4dc   +1y
Did you use a pickle fork or a puller? Good luck replacing parts. I still have yet to replace my pitman arm I got for it like 3 months ago. Air bag in the future? Let's see more max/d50 trucks rake.
payrion   +1y
we got it done!!! was to dark for pics, we will take pics tomorrow and post.. not bad for a static truck. My wife is thrilled to death. her first very own lowered truck.
Yes ryan the truck will be bagged and bodies, we will bag this winter/spring. body whenever. We need to find the right rims then will be done for a while and i can finally get my s10 on the road!
Ill tell ya what, the front was a bitch to do, nothing came off easy. noting, i now am totally worn out and have a black pinky nail!! i yelled, threw things, gave up, almost cried!!lol. this was the hardest static ive done....
pics tomorrow guys
ryan4dc   +1y
Glad you got it done. I woulda saved some work for the next day. Day goes by real slow when there's nothing to do. When I pulled the truck flywheel, got 3 bloody knuckles. Didn't realize it until I pulled off my gloves after dsm flywheel was back on the 4g63. Was told that I needed the truck spacer yet layer the truck spacer on the dsm spacer it looked like completely identical. Go figure.
payrion   +1y
ok here are a few pics of the static drop... i cut 1 1/2 coils in front and in the back it has the middle leaf pulled and 4 inch block. I still have to replace rear shocks cause one is rusted thru...
this winter we will bag it with bag on lower bars, we will make the wishbone and all brackets will be burnt out at my friends house(has a plasma) the front will get aim spindles, DHRP control arms .. it will be tubbed for up to a 22 but will only run 18's unless she decides for it to NOT be a daily driver.. thanks to everyone who chimed in the last few weeks... this next week it goes to the state inspector and he will tell us out emmision problem and well finally make it legal.

before
thread post photo

after
thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo