Page 1 of 1
Max Suspension \  triangulate lower arms

triangulate lower arms

Max Suspension Max Tech
views 2050
replies 9
following 5

payrion   +1y
can someone post up some pics of stock modified lower control arms on their mitsu? im looking into the distance i need to mount the tabs to triangulate the lowers. and where mount to the control arm. any info anyone has would be helpful.
qballd50   +1y
Welcome To the Site Man!!!
I'll Try To Find You Some Pictures!
payrion   +1y
that would be great if you could. ive read about everything i can and i have not found alot on this. we will be going with DHRP uppers right off the bat but the lowers will come on down the road.
slow50   +1y
heres how not to do it. these are mine and i wasnt thinking about turning when i welded them up now it can barely turn so i got change the angle on the bar to get more turning out of it.
thread post photo

and heres the tool i made to align the bushings and weld up the tabs.
thread post photo
rickdees   +1y
My goodness those won't work, but you know this now.

We had a kid at mightyd50 try to build his. When I first seen them, I really was being nice and tried to explain to him the problem. The more ignorant with me he got
I do have a picture of them they looked real pretty all painted, but I don't know how to post a picture here. it not as easy as the other site which has a VIRUS....
I can't even post a simple picture to show you DHP control arms Mike makes.
I can give the link so you can see them, these are for our trucks

I'm sure they are not cheap,$400 to 450?
I don't think Heidt's mustang ll A arms are that much, but they are more common than our trucks
slow50   +1y
mine work but i cant turn the wheel that much. i guess thats why you tack first then make sure everything works then weld it up oh well learn the hard way. i rember that on mightyd50 the guy built the arms with the bushing off set from the stock bushing. thats why you make the tool like i did.
d3v1ns d50   +1y
I just notched the side of my control arm and put the stock bar inside the arm using the same mounting holes. I have 18x9" wide wheels and can turn the wheel completely from side to side without rubbing at all. I would post a pic but I have already filled all my spots on here with other pics.
d3v1ns d50   +1y
thread post photo
There ya go. That's how I did mine
payrion   +1y

did you put the sway bar back on or ditch it? im really thinking on going this route til i get some lowers.
d3v1ns d50   +1y
I originally tried leaving the sway bar but it was binding keeping me from laying frame so I ditched it.
Page 1 of 1