Max Engine \  complete change up need some help

complete change up need some help

Max Engine Max Tech
views 1074
replies 5
following 3

killurself4me   +1y
ok i have a 86 dodge ram 50 custom 2.0
i want to put the 2.6 motor in with a five speed awd from a starion or one of the other cars that have it but im running into a problem finding a 2.6 that mates with a manual and i just need to know where to get one so i dont have to fab a plate for them
and does anyone know if i have to change the rearend out too?
i know i have to change some of the front end to make for the drive axles and mounting the tranny but will the gears in the rear be able to be kept
rxinhed   +1y
The front frame section is different on the 2wd and 4wd.
sleeps   +1y
Starions didnt have AWD, and you can not use an AWD tranny for a RWD truck or car. The AWD mitsu's were turned sidways to have a mojority of the traction to the front wheels not the rear. Your better off, and by that I mean easier and cheaper, to put in a 4G63 with a manual trans from a stock max or d50.
killurself4me   +1y
do you guys know what manaul would match up to a 4g52?
i think im just goin to put a different head on the motor but i still want a different tranny
rxinhed   +1y
Mitsu built 1 or 2 4wd Starions to compete against the Audi Quattro.
sleeps   +1y
Yes but, they were never in production, therefore it does us no good since we have no access to them. Follow?

You will need to measure your tranny to see if its a wide or narrow block, go to projectzerog.com and find the list of trannys that will fit your engine.
Page 1 of 1