Page 1 of 1
Max Engine \  Interchangeable parts

Interchangeable parts

Max Engine Max Tech
views 2274
replies 2
following 3

rotary84   +1y
I will be going to the junk yard this weekend to browse around and hopefully see a mighty max truck, but thought about all the cars in the junk yard and wanted to post this in the forum to see what other cars would have interchangeable parts or upgrades for our trucks. wondering if any of the talons/eclipse would have any upgrades? please post your interchangeable parts and years. thanks
dantherottenman   +1y
I know the 4g63 2.0 dohc turbo and non turbo engines in the Eclipse/Talon/Laser from 90 to 94 or 6bolt head fits the 2.4 sohc in the mighty max and if you have a 89 and older with a 2.0 sohc the trans will bolt up to the 4g63 engine. Someone has claimed to use an Eclipse 2.0 throttle body and the 1.8 fuel rail but I don't know if it works but many things are interchangeable on the engines so their is potential.
sleeps   +1y
Ya it really depends on what year your truck is. The throttle bodies line up but have the sensors and throttle cable on opposite sides, if I remember correctly. Its possible but will take some elbow grease. Really any junk yard upgrades from our trucks will come at the cost of large swaps. There is really no aftermarket support for us, you can grab some pre 95 eclipse and talon Tb's and injectors, and rails...they are cheep and you can try them. I have a 1g TB, I will compare it and see if I can make it work, and let you guys know!

The best improvement I did using junkyard parts: took a electric fan off a eclipse and stuck that on my radiator, to eliminate the heavy clutch fan. Gave a decent throttle response boost. Still have yet to find a header that will fit. The 90's mirage with the 1.8 looks to have the same exhaust manifold pattern as the 8v 2.4. Have yet to find a header for that car to try it. Best of luck.
Page 1 of 1