threads
Page 1 of 1
Max Engine \  build '87 2.0 up to 2.3/2.4?

build '87 2.0 up to 2.3/2.4?

Max Engine Max Tech
views 721
replies 0
following 1

capev86   +1y
hey all....

i am still planning the resto of my 87 ram 50. since it was my grandfather's truck, i want to keep it somewhat original and really don't want to replace the still functioning 5spd that really just needs a freshening up. however, i hear the 2.4, 2.6 and v6 use a slightly different bell housing, but i really want something with a little more oomph than the plain jane 2.0 and i like stroker engines. i am wondering if i can use parts from a 90 up 2.4 for parts and do a stroker build of the original engine. would a 2.6 be a better source for the stroker crank? i know i don't want to bore it out more than would make it a 2.4 (2.3 with just the crank) because the 2.6 is a thirsty engine. i can find stroker kits online for both the 6 and 7 bolt engines (i think mine is the 6, correct?) but i don't want to spend thousands on hi performance parts when i'm not planning to go forced induction because this will be a year round daily driver and i want to put a few bucks into my other planned mods.....2nd gen montero rear trailing arm suspension with sway bar and bigger brakes with rear disc, and 87 raider/montero 15 inch rims that look like my stock 14 inch 5 star rims.

thanks for the help.....
Page 1 of 1