Page 1 of 1
Max Engine \  16 valve head swap

16 valve head swap

Max Engine Max Tech
views 1371
replies 2
following 3

mightykeith   +1y
hey bottom line i want to do this ( 16 valve head swap ) i need to know everything i need to have/do to do this please help any information would help alot
dantherottenman   +1y
So far this is the best source of info I can find on the swaps with everything available. I wonder myself about turbocharging the stock 4g64 SOHC and know a manifold and kit are available for the newer 46g4 engine from the Eclipse and Galant. Either way any boost is good

sleeps   +1y
The SOHC 16v 4g64 can be found in the montero sports from 96-99 I believe. If you are going for a head swap, the DOHC 4g63 head is better flowing and more available. I have researched this same swap, and you can actually buy a JDM version of that motor (16v sohc 4g64) for $495. I am not 100% sure if it all bolts up and uses the same wiring harness and ecu, but some sites do come with the harness.

The head off of the mid 90's galants and 2g eclipse spyders in theory are facing the same way and SHOULD bolt up. Giving you the option of using DSM turbo parts as the head has the same manifold bolt pattern.
Page 1 of 1