threads
Page 1 of 1
Max Engine \  I think I got it but......

I think I got it but......

Max Engine Max Tech
views 1078
replies 3
following 3

sallen   +1y
Well I think I got my timing right but it just seems as if I'm cruising at 65-70 it's like it's needs another gear or something. I don't have tach to see what the rpm are. The plugs and wires prob need replaced they are old but do you think that could be the problem? It's seems to have more power but there used to be no vibration in the pedal, it has it now. Am I off still? It's taking me a week just to get it this right, and I really want it back to like it was before. It runs great but it seems different. Idk.let me know what you think. Thanks
iammotorsports   +1y
if your tranny is an electric overdrive model there is a wire that plugs in by temp switch on the manifold that will engage your overdrive. check for loose or crack wires in that area.
sallen   +1y
No bro. It's a 5 spd
capev86   +1y
same here. my 87 ram 50 is a little buzzy on the highway, even with an overdrive 5th gear. these trucks are geared low to have good hauling power despite the 2.0 being rather weak. the 2.4 has better low end performance and could certainly use a 6th gear or perhaps a softer final drive. taller tires will help, but you will have to change the cog on the trans to recalibrate the speedo. i did tow a pair of snowmobiles with my little truck a year ago with little trouble.
Page 1 of 1