Page 1 of 1
Max Engine \  4G63T Swap into D50....

4G63T Swap into D50....

Max Engine Max Tech
views 8048
replies 5
following 5

mdeserteagle50   +1y
I have browsed this forum thoroughly(at least I think I did) and have found a few people that have done this swap...I HAVEN'T however found a build thread yet....What were the headaches in this swap? I saw on another site that the 4G63T will bolt right up to the 2.0l tranny in my D50... I also saw that 83l200 said that it will bolt right up to the factory mounts/tranny of the 2.0l.....If some of you guys could direct/send me a link to a build thread behind this would be greatly appreciated... As you can tell by my sig/avatar, I am heavy into rotaries.... I thought about putting a rotary in this truck, but decided not to because I get pissed when people put V8's in rx-7's..... Getting back on topic, any help guys???
dantherottenman   +1y
The trans will work but a hydraulic clutch cable setup is required. The fwd eclipse clutch can be used I believe, the thermostat housing will be at the firewall so a long coolant line to the radiator is required. As far as headaches goes the wiring would be it for me. When I find the web page I'm thinking of I'll post it, it tells all to do with the swap and gives info on using the RX.-7 tranny. Hope this helps, here ya go

ryan4dc   +1y
Hydraulic clutch setup is not required, just recomended. I'm using the factory cable. If you wanna use the factory engine mounts without fabbing up a plate to push the engine forward then your gonna have to modify the firewall some. You can get the front exit thermostat housing kit and use the truck waterpump so everything is a bit easier. I went the cheap way and used my hammer and modified my firewall. Dsm fwd flywheel, oem replacement clutch disc for a station turbo, dsm pressureplate, oem clutch cable. Oem km132 trans. One wheel wonder with a open diff.
evlb2k   +1y
hey mate wot ryan said is true you dont need a hydraulic clutch, i use a cable and never had a problem, i wouldnt take to the firewall with a hammer though, i cut and moved the firewall back i also put a removable panel in the firewall so i could get to the thermostat and cam senser if need be, if you move the firewall the factory heater wont fit back in place, i used the 4g63t wiring loom and comp, i stiped the loom and took out wot i didnt need, i did have to lengthin the afm wires but mine is all right hand drive and i dont no if your left hand drive stuff is wired differant, you will have to spin the turbo 180* on the manifold to have it facing the right way also you will have to blank off the inlet were the throttle body is mounted and have a flange welded on the other end becouse this also faces the wrong way, cant think of anything else at the mo and the list goes on and on, so if you need any help wit anything else give me a holla.
alan   +1y
Try . It will give all the information you need to perform the 4g63t swap. I've been wanting to do this swap for a while but money is too tight right now. Hope this helps.
dantherottenman   +1y
Like I said before , and Mitsubishi-Forums.com is real good too. Keep in mind if you can find one at a decent price the 3.0 V6 that came in these trucks has the 3000gt bottom end with turbo boost friendly 8-9-1 compression ratio. Again its all about money and the 4.3 chevy swap has been done but a squeeze. I'm not judging but torque is important and 2.0 l wont do it for me, but 2.4 l might, and that's just a head swap away, that info is on projectzero as well as rx-7, and toyota tranny adapters. I really hope you check out these site bc I know they will help.
Page 1 of 1